Steam Packet Viking Crashes In Liverpool

TrueBlue

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AND........"The ship has now been cleared and will be back in service on Tuesday.

Its first sailing will be the 1530 BST to Belfast. "

Is this "GUSTY WINDS" permitted??

Regards. Trev..

Apparently they only have a handfull of would be skippers, and as they don't trust the current one in the Mersey any more, they are giving him a last chance trying to berth at the other island

Liverpool Echo said it was a catamaran, I wonder what's the next misinformation we're going to be fed !

The Liverpool Echo is full of misinformation and inaccuracy. The standard of their reporting on transport matters leave a lot to be desired.

I remember an incident several years ago, when a fast craft was tried on the Liverpool Dublin route and Manxman was the Packet's boat in Liverpool. Connemara hit Manxman and holed herself, and Manxman just suffered a little scratch on her paintwork.

More than Several years ago - the prang between B&I Line's Cu Na Mara and Manxman happened on July 2nd 1980 over 28 years ago!

It should be remembered that the Boeing Jet Foils were very small by comparison to todays fast craft and couldn't carry vehicles.

I remember an incident several years ago, when a fast craft was tried on the Liverpool Dublin route and Manxman was the Packet's boat in Liverpool. Connemara hit Manxman and holed herself, and Manxman just suffered a little scratch on her paintwork.

More than Several years ago - the prang between B&I Line's Cu Na Mara and Manxman happened on July 2nd 1980 over 28 years ago!

It should be remembered that the Boeing Jet Foils were very small by comparison to todays fast craft and couldn't carry vehicles.

But still made of the same type of tin.

Archived