Airport Emergency?

spanna

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks ok from that distance, at least looks the the nose wheel is down so it isnt the problem that aircraft type has suffered with in early stages.

if its from Liverpool could be some poorly people on board too, ambulance doesnt sound good but guess thats standard proceedure.

hope all are ok.

not my photo.

but shows its sitting on the runway and not the grass like i was previously told.

least he got the fact that it was flybe correct i suppose. :lol:

unless its a blown nosewheel tire it doesnt look like a tire problem either from that photo. wierd

post-1446-1217598312_thumb.jpg

The two most pointless roadblocks, ever. What's the point? The plane is half a mile away...

Did they turn out armed to the teeth again too I wonder?

Didn't look like it - unless they had some snipers placed in the bushes, in case the plane resists arrest... The car blocking the road at the airport really was pointless - I drove around it by..er..driving through the airport. :blink: Which means it can't even have been there to keep any emergency route to the runway clear, which would sort of make sense. Strange...

The two most pointless roadblocks, ever. What's the point? The plane is half a mile away...

It's standard. Any "emergency" at the Airport will result in the roads at Janets Corner and Ballasalla being shut. This is to allow easy access to the Airport for Emergency vehicles, and also easy access away from the Airport from Ambulances etc. I guess it also stops members of the public /relatives etc all turning up at the airport.

I would have thought that once the "situation" was under control and they knew everyone was off the plane, then the roads would be reopened again.

so thought they could smell smoke. why handbrake skid the airplane in the middle of the runway?

if you get it down and theres no smoke filling the cabin why not just taxi off the runway and up a taxiway?

edit just heard that the pilot said evacuate soon as the plane stopped on the runway!!

wonder if he turned it thinking of the wind direction. Like that BA plane didnt do at manchester all those years ago so the flames fr4om the burning engine were blown over the cabin and set that alight.

Archived