Major Contributor To Manxforums Given A Record Fine

%age

eg From Timesonline

Would we be so nonchalant had Manx Radio or Manx Newspapers been caught doing such a thing? Probably not. Incidentally, the fine is quite laughable as those responsible don't lose a thing, probably not even their reputation but us, the licence fee payer foot the bill.

Now that is trueTeflon coating for you.

Like most people I used to visualise the BBC as having the highest standards and made up of people the likes of Charlotte Green - reliable, decent and clean spoken.

These days when I see the name BBC, I see the likes of the multi-millionaires Jonathan Ross, Chris Moyles, Chris Evans and Graham Norton - effing and effing blinding and being foul mouthed and 'naughty' and smutty. OK, lots of people like that sort of thing, but I think it most duplicitous for the BBC, and especially our friend [Newsbot], to seemingly portray itself as some sort of reliable, noble and unbiased source of News when in fact the BBC is largely responsible for lowering so many standards in our society.

Phew, I thought you'd caught me out with my 'Win a Rolex' competition on Mandate. I've got a drawerful of the things in my 'retirement' cupboard.

Mind you, thousands of people paying a quid each morning to win something worth a grand sounds like great business to me - especially if you end up giving the prize to a mate!

I think it most duplicitous for the BBC, and especially our friend [Newsbot], to seemingly portray itself as some sort of reliable, noble and unbiased source of News

I never knew Newsbot was so very sneaky! In fact, I never knew any insensate thing could be even slighty sneaky, never mind duplicitous. This changes my entire outlook on the world; what's your policy on dining tables: Trustworthy, or diabolical wooden machiavellis?

...and they have those wonderful incompetents at the TVLA to collect the money for them.

Why don't dishonest BBC employees have to pay out of their own pockets?

I think it most duplicitous for the BBC, and especially our friend [Newsbot], to seemingly portray itself as some sort of reliable, noble and unbiased source of News

I never knew Newsbot was so very sneaky! In fact, I never knew any insensate thing could be even slighty sneaky, never mind duplicitous. This changes my entire outlook on the world; what's your policy on dining tables: Trustworthy, or diabolical wooden machiavellis?

A fair point Vinie, but personally, I suspect that it is a human being behind the stuff that [Newsbot] keeps feeding us. My radio is quite insensate but I believe that the voices which it transmits originate from the human minds.

It would seem that the reason [Newsbot] has been allowed to function on this forum is because it originates from the noble BBC.

We love the BBC because it is a nice comforting motherly establishment organisation that we simply cannot imagine doing anything wrong. Or naughty.

We love the BBC because it is a nice comforting motherly establishment organisation that we simply cannot imagine doing anything wrong. Or naughty.

As you say - nothing wrong. Blue Peter is such a lovely programme that sets standards for others to follow.....

It would seem that the reason [Newsbot] has been allowed to function on this forum is because it originates from the noble BBC

No, it's allowed to function because I enabled it. Now shut the fuck up with this constant whining about Newsbot.

Ahh, par centaage

You have spoken velly rell

But you have incurred the wlath of a chief moderlator

For this you must go down to Douglas Beach and stand on wron of the posts of the gloynes with wron leg only and with arms out like the seagull.

Then tomollow you will be wriser

ans can go down there too and thlow lotten seawread at you

Ahh, par centaage

For this you must go down to Douglas Beach and stand on wron of the posts of the gloynes with wron leg only and with arms out like the seagull.

Genius. It's not often that I LOL (it's so...modern) but that's twice in two days. First one was ans' response to an earlier complaint....

Ahh, par centaage

How strange is it that you can hear the voice in your head with an accent when reading that...... shit i need more beer.

Archived