Gawne's 'green' Finance Centre.

Frances

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Mr Gawne) "believes that over the next 12 years we'll be, among other things, a net exporter of clean energy"

Really? That sounds wonderful. How is this going to be achieved? Do we actually produce ANY clean energy yet? Twelve years isn't very long after all.

(Mr Gawne) "believes that over the next 12 years we'll be, among other things, a net exporter of clean energy"

Really? That sounds wonderful. How is this going to be achieved? Do we actually produce ANY clean energy yet? Twelve years isn't very long after all.

Apparently he's found out that the IOM has the potential to be the worlds leading producer of bullshit. Bullshit is a totally clean energy source produced from a material called hubris. Hubris is a 100% natural product often found on the Isle of Man, and when hubris is suitably refined it leads to an almost limitless supply of bullshit. I understand that the Isle of Man could be a leading exporter of bullshit by 2020.

Apparently he's found out that the IOM Govmt "is" the worlds leading producer of bullshit. Bullshit is a totally clean energy source produced from a material called hubris. Hubris is a 100% natural product often found on the Isle of Man, and when hubris is suitably refined it leads to an almost limitless supply of bullshit. I understand that the Isle of Man could be a leading exporter of bullshit by 2020.

fixed :D

Softening us up for a nuclear power station up at the Point of Ayre - notice he did not say clean Green energy....

...and what on earth is a 'green' finance centre? a paint job? colour of the money?

Gawne with the wind.

Energy from burning houses plants ?

Our resident 21 year old has been reading booklets again.

People reading things, and then having the audacity to post their findings to a relevant topic here? You were right to bring this to our attention, I only hope and pray that the authorities do something before this kind of thing catches on.

It's nice that the internet still has heroes.

Frances,

Come on luv, your money laundering references are well out of date - maybe you are confused with another jurisdiction, or have you just emerged from a twenty year time warp? You can knock the ethics of the finance sector in a hundred other ways (and please do - yuppies annoy me too), but the regulations here are very strict - fact. One reason why - because of the campaigning by people like Phil Gawne.

Phil has been banging on about 'peak oil' for the last few years like a stuck record - the only thing that changes are the graphs he uses to illustrate the causes for, and inevitability of, the rocketing price of oil. I don't remember when he started giving these talks - but the first time I heard him he was warning that oil might hit $80 a barrel by the end of that year, which, of course, it did. I don't know what he has in mind in regard to his clean energy plan, but I would hope that all our politicians have been working on this - just like they had to when cleaning up the finance industry all those years ago.

Archived