Nu-rave, Breakz, Dnb, Old Skool, Garage............

wooker

Hi guys,

I am looking for people with a passion for dj-ing, MC, scratching with DnB, NuRave, OldSkool, Funky, Garage etc to create this music scene in IOM, organise some events, have fun, have a few drinks etc. Anybody who is seriously interested please email me: galaxy.mng@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tried to do the same thing a while ago but hip hop, rap & R'n'B.

no such luck.

thats what quiet scare me on IOM,

nothnig but House, but is NO WAY, need to be some room for other music

believe

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zen68557.zen.c...es_-_Drift_23-05-2008.mp3 (52 mins)

1 ) Austin - Crazy Club [Hardcore Projektz]

2 ) Austin - Relics [Hardcore Projektz]

3 ) Brainstormer - Organ Grinder [Dub]

4 ) Economix - Panic (Stu & Nee Remix) [Gurnin Beatz]

5 ) The Flashback Project - Back To Da Nu Skool [Junki Munki]

6 ) Screwball - Onion Walk [Tornado]

7 ) Enzyme - Bass Driver [Nu Basement]

8 ) Modular - Living In A Basement [J-Tek]

9 ) Peo De Pitte - Oldskool In The House [uppacutz]

10 ) Stu & Nee - Rise Up [Enormous Mouse]

11 ) Portal - Keep It Comin [2FX]

12 ) Screwball - Kujawiak pt.1 [Tornado]

13 ) Junki Munki - Let It Roll [2FX]

no such luck.

believe

nothing but house?! my ARSE! i LOVE house music and its NEVER played when im out!! i pray for a funky house or electro house music event, for once!!

no such luck.

believe

nothing but house?! my ARSE! i LOVE house music and its NEVER played when im out!! i pray for a funky house or electro house music event, for once!!

shoundt say House, any electro music, i wouldnt see any problem to make a event dnb House Rnb, someting for everyone

Would do it but its not a job for 1!

Thats why is this Topic

Should you be out dancing..... :o

why shouldnt i be? :huh:

*cough

"i broke 3 ribs, broke my ankle, fractured my leg and broke my arm. i also had a sprain in my spine and have ONLY JUST finished physio a few months ago."

Should you be out dancing..... :o

why shouldnt i be? :huh:

*cough

"i broke 3 ribs, broke my ankle, fractured my leg and broke my arm. i also had a sprain in my spine and have ONLY JUST finished physio a few months ago."

erm this did happen in 2005 - i did mention that earlier in the thread!!

*cough* x

Oh back in the day we had some great little nights going, guess we were fairly lucky. So just in case I missed it at the time (which I am fairly sure I didnt) Thanks, Neal, Electrofresh, HFL and even Full On Fridays, we had the greatest times. I've retired into a lovely mellow Psy-trance scene & I like it there lots :)

Gawd I heard some 'music' on the TV last night, one of those compliation albums DJ Hardcore maxi pax or something like that - TURN THAT OFF! & RIGHT NOW!! 438BPM who can dance that fast? not to mention the music is shit and the singing is off the chipmonk film, perhaps it is my age, but I've never heard the mini-bee play anything like that and she is into Pendulum and things like that, which to me sounds like alright dance music, but, Im no expert....lol

I'm a trance dj, but still play 3 1/2 hours of upfront house, electro and tech house, then 1 1/2 hours of trance on a Saturday at Nightlife (shameless plug), the majority is really upfront, 4 months + before release, but i get slated by a small minority of Abba freaks,fuck em.

My facebook group dedicated to the night has nearly 300 members, some cool videos and funky photos, a recent mix uploaded by Ricky Rooney of Full On fame, and Ramsey producer Wez Boltons new remix of Adagio for strings. the haters have a massive group of 20!

I also hand out 20 new mix demo cd's a month, continually trying to give people here something, although most complain they don't like nightlife itself, what else is left over here, no Breeze, Venue, Toffs etc.

Its not everyone's cuppa but if you want fresh music in a club here please come up, say who you are and gimme a request.

At least have a look for yourselves at vids etc (although most are trance, doing a few house/electro ones this week), i am trying my best at keeing it fresh, its managed to slowly build and build over the last 2 1/2 years to now, where we are at capacity and one in one out at the door by 12.15-12.30, a little gem in the north? you decide.

Opinions etc welcome.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20103628112

I don't mean to sound negative but trying to educate manx people in any way shape or form on the music scene is pretty much pointless. You might as well flog a dead horse. And whats the point in that?

Exactly

I've known people on this scene for yrs, been part of it in stints myself. I've probably not tried hard enough to push my own sound (techno/tech house/minimal/house/experimental) but whats the point when a handful of friends turn up to events and thats it?

God I'm negative aren't I. Its hard to be positive when these things are almost impossible to achieve.

The Life nights at the Villa Marina a few yrs back we're probably the most entertaining nights that have been held on the island. Big name Dj's, quality audio/visuals/themes and decent music.

Nothing to my knowledge has ever eclipsed any of these events.

But then, these events ended up going down the pan. There has never been a level of consistency on the Island when it comes to dance music because people here don't understand it.

With the big phase of bands and the rise again of the guitar, people are giving up on the scene and with the mentality of people here anyway, its harder than ever to get anything going of any substance or quality that people can enjoy and relate to.

People try their best. Not to name names, but people do try and its starts off well. Then gradually it all breaks down and everyone forgets again.

You see the same faces at these events that you've seen over the years. There is no new blood. No new faces. Just people you remember getting hammered with years ago. Good times, but we need NEW good times! New memories.

How do we achieve this people? Just how do we revive the scene? Is it possible?

If I played my style of music in paramount, I'd clear the dancefloor.

If I played it in the main room of Fabric in London, I'd have the place rocking!

What does that say about the scene in the Isle of Man then?

Its a well known fact that the Island has always struggled in the promotion of its underground scene with the exception of the early 90' n 00's n we all know why that was don't we ravers!!! ;)

Fatty

I'm a trance dj, but still play 3 1/2 hours of upfront house, electro and tech house, then 1 1/2 hours of trance on a Saturday at Nightlife (shameless plug), the majority is really upfront, 4 months + before release, but i get slated by a small minority of Abba freaks,fuck em.

My facebook group dedicated to the night has nearly 300 members, some cool videos and funky photos, a recent mix uploaded by Ricky Rooney of Full On fame, and Ramsey producer Wez Boltons new remix of Adagio for strings. the haters have a massive group of 20!

I also hand out 20 new mix demo cd's a month, continually trying to give people here something, although most complain they don't like nightlife itself, what else is left over here, no Breeze, Venue, Toffs etc.

Its not everyone's cuppa but if you want fresh music in a club here please come up, say who you are and gimme a request.

At least have a look for yourselves at vids etc (although most are trance, doing a few house/electro ones this week), i am trying my best at keeing it fresh, its managed to slowly build and build over the last 2 1/2 years to now, where we are at capacity and one in one out at the door by 12.15-12.30, a little gem in the north? you decide.

Opinions etc welcome.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20103628112

Im in the north and used to be a regular in nightlife, it was quite good until the DJ started playing the proclaimers! lol

Used to be a bedroom DJ myself and have a large collection of trance vinyl, decks were demoted to the attic a few years back and havnt seen the light of day since.

I have eclectic tastes and have always listened to R'n'B and hip hop which has come to forefront for me in recent years, Id love for Nightlife to play more party/club orientated hip hop but even some commercial/chart R'n'B would be a start.

Archived