The Dtl Haven't A Clue!

slinkydevil

I was forwarded an email from the DTL this morning and had to laugh at their Beijing Olympics effort. Do they really expect people to take them seriously with crap like this? I particularly like the use of a 'chinese looking font'. I'd imagine if we were in the Germany world cup they'd put a swastika on the poster "cos it's German innit".

Oh and how proud they are of the Isle of Sam idea...

Look out China - the Manx are coming! - Is that a threat?

=====================================

Email:

=====================================

The Department of Tourism & Leisure have been working with the Chief Minister’s Sporting Achievements Committee on initiatives to mark our Olympians, Mark Cavendish and Jonny Bellis. Getting two athletes to the Beijing Olympics is a fantastic achievement for a community of 80,000 and we hope that everyone gets behind them over the coming weeks To show our support we have produced a poster which is attached and would like to display it all over the Island, in much the same way as we did with the Isle of Sam. We would like the whole Island to get behind our Olympians and we would ask you to

* Print it and display it around the office and in public areas

* Forward it to contacts outside Government with the same request

beijingxq4.jpg

0/10 for design and effort.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it is a fantastic effort to get 2 olypmians in one games.

Good luck to them.

I can understand the gov trying to get some publicity about this, but admit the poster is a bit naff! If that is the best head shots they've got of them - well ...

Archived