The Dtl Haven't A Clue!

slinkydevil

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose somebody's got to do it, I suppose all the rest of the staff are off with stress :)

Apparently the DTL are down to a secretary and the tea boy. My money is on this being the tea-boys design. Either that, or someone who is 'very special' to at least someone.

Fitting with the China theme, its also the lucky day. Maybe this is is fate`s way of saying Ai Droid is going to get lucky with his cock tonight and it was foreseen in the poster.

Have to see if hes happy in his posts later...........................unlikely

But it is a fantastic effort to get 2 olypmians in one games.

Good luck to them....

I agree with Chinahand.

The Manx Independent poster is a bit better designed, though not hugely.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Show-your-s...-our.4366629.jp

But I think some people are missing the point - which is to encourage the island to get behind the amazing sporting achievements of Cav and the other Manx cyclists. If you dont like the designs of supportive posters provided, then why not design your own or think of some other ways the Island (including Government and the press) can get behind them, rather than whingeing?

[Manx Crab thinks - great! I can use general apathy and cynicism around the Beijing Olympics to get those pesky cyclists back in the bucket with the rest of us...]

But I think some people are missing the point - which is to encourage the island to get behind the amazing sporting achievements of Cav and the other Manx cyclists. If you dont like the designs of supportive posters provided, then why not design your own or think of some other ways the Island (including Government and the press) can get behind them, rather than whingeing?

[Manx Crab thinks - great! I can use general apathy and cynicism around the Beijing Olympics to get those pesky cyclists back in the bucket with the rest of us...]

But it's the design I have issue with not the cyclists hence the post. We all know you're up cav's ass as far as you can reach - we know he's good, bloody good, we get it.

I think we are all behind the Manx entrants into the Olympics and support them fully, my issue is why don't Government put some effort into it, instead of getting some Junior to knock-up a poster in Microsoft Publisher and distribute it publicly to put in peoples windows. A half arsed effort from a department that's half arsed.

You're missing the point if you think this is cynical manx crab syndrome about the Olympics or the Manx sportsman taking part. It's not.

olympispongvd2.jpg

(Added 'spongs' as it is probably an oversight by the original designer)

EDIT - Just in case there is any confusion, this is not a poke at the local lads who are doing us proud in China, merely the utterly pathetic poster that I would be ashamed of being on.

I really do think its fantastic that Cavendish & Bellis have made it and its right to be 100% behind them.

As the e-mail says "Getting two athletes to the Beijing Olympics is a fantastic achievement for a community of 80,000" yes, but maybe finding one person on an island of 80,000 that has even the vaguest fucking clue about marketing is clearly another matter.

Err, which one is which? Have to say, it is a very good main picture. and that could stand alone almost, but I agree with everyone else, the design is crap.

That is not to detract from the efforts and achievements of the Messrs Cavendish and Bellis, but which one is which?

Archived