[BBC News] Victim attacked in street by gang

Newsbot

Damn right - I wish I'd been as handy as him when I got a thorough pasting the other year.

Things might have been different if whilst I was lying on the ground after being blindsided and was busy being stamped on & booted by two enthusiastic thugs I hadn't been busy considering how I could ward them off without actually hurting the poor wee scamps. It sort of distracted be from not getting my face grossly kicked in. :rolleyes:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few well used moves usually shows who's boss without the need for any serious injury or pain.

That was my point, I obviously didn't get it across.

If you have armed forces skills you don't have to start breaking bits off to win.

If you have have trained in martial arts, you will know self control and economy of movement are very important.

If you exercise such skills it won't take a few yobs much time to realise they have picked the wrong one.

If you have armed forces skills you don't have to start breaking bits off to win.

If you have have trained in martial arts, you will know self control and economy of movement are very important.

The point here is, he didn't break bits off and in my opinion showed self control. I'm sure the yobs could have come off much worse.

I am not a violent person but unfortunatly there was no escaping the need to fight on that occasion. I did hold back in the sense that i was not biting noses off or tearing nutsacks, the thing that worried me was how much would be considered reasonable force to fend them off?

I am not a violent person but unfortunatly there was no escaping the need to fight on that occasion. I did hold back in the sense that i was not biting noses off or tearing nutsacks, the thing that worried me was how much would be considered reasonable force to fend them off?

OK then, good for you.

Frankly I reckon a half decent brief could get you off for using any level of force if attacked in numbers. It is entirely reasonable to ensure that an attacker, once down, stays down so that you have a chance to deal with the rest. If your banging their head to render them unconscious actually renders them dead, well, how could you possibly be so precise when dealing with multiple assailants?

While we are on the subject, i got awarded compo by the court (£500) which was to be paid by the ringleader. I had forgotten about this and i started to get cheques coming through.

I got a letter a few weeks ago to say that i was not going to get any more money because the dude has been locked up on drugs charges and therefore has no way of paying. The letter did say he was now serving extra instead of paying off the cash.

Bugger!

Oh and i have to take my hat off to the police again, the forensics that they collected managed to catch the bastards (4 different blood types found on my clothes and at the scene and i think they got a fingernail aswell.) i was honestly not expecting them to get caught for this but the good old boys in Blue did a cracking job.

I got a letter a few weeks ago to say that i was not going to get any more money because the dude has been locked up on drugs charges and therefore has no way of paying. The letter did say he was now serving extra instead of paying off the cash.

Bugger!

Can you request that he does your ironing or something instead?

That was my point, I obviously didn't get it across.

If you exercise such skills it won't take a few yobs much time to realise they have picked the wrong one.

If a bunch of little shitbags pick on the wrong bloke and get seven colours kicked out of them (and noses bitten off/nutsacks ripped) then tough shit. Maybe they'll learn a fucking lession. I have zero sympathy for them.

Gross misapplication of martial arts; so Moyle should have considered your actions.

A disciplined skilled self defender that you appear to be, and seemed willing to display, could have 'got the message across' within ten seconds without unrequired violence.

Are you for real? You appear to be apportioning some blame to a victim as he had er what? special skills? Imo if any individual is outnumbered in an attack he can do anything necessary short of using weapons to protect him/her self. Your opinion appears to be giving rights to the assailants or have I misunderstood?

Gross misapplication of martial arts; so Moyle should have considered your actions.

A disciplined skilled self defender that you appear to be, and seemed willing to display, could have 'got the message across' within ten seconds without unrequired violence.

Are you for real? You appear to be apportioning some blame to a victim as he had er what? special skills? Imo if any individual is outnumbered in an attack he can do anything necessary short of using weapons to protect him/her self. Your opinion appears to be giving rights to the assailants or have I misunderstood?

Yes you have misunderstood

I was in the armed forces for a while - I got taught how to set up a radio mast and the phonetic alphabet - how would that have helped exactly? They're not all Action Man you know.

Archived