Jurby Prison

manxy

Oh dear :huh: I only found out today that they're moving into the new prison this week (I thought that they were already in it)

It would seem however (reading list) that it's not as ready to move into as has been suggested, for instance;

The computer system keeps failing (works the doors), some alarms dont work, some prison staff haven't even been trained properly and don't know the daily routines :o nothing has been done to take prisoners to hospital during the night....

There's a few more, but from what I understand, there's going to be a few problems straight away and it should be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. Personally, I thought it would have made sense that if they needed training, then they should have done it ages ago and not (it appears) at the last second.

Wouldn't worry too much about the naughty folk seeking premature freedom. It's the Isle of Man, there's nowhere to hide, and most of the inmates are only doing 2-3 weeks for nicking a Mars Bar. And the Steam Packet will indirectly assist keeping said criminals on the rock. The locks don't work, the computers don't work, don't worry though the PS3's in the cells work spot on no doubt and I bet the tea making facilities are up to scratch.

Wouldn't worry too much about the naughty folk seeking premature freedom. It's the Isle of Man, there's nowhere to hide, and most of the inmates are only doing 2-3 weeks for nicking a Mars Bar. And the Steam Packet will indirectly assist keeping said criminals on the rock. The locks don't work, the computers don't work, don't worry though the PS3's in the cells work spot on no doubt and I bet the tea making facilities are up to scratch.

Makes you wonder if the prison service subcribes to the permiership package on SKY as well? Bet Clearview were the first to have a fully working system in place up there ;)

It's more than likely that they have gone for the full package, it would make sense. The cost, time and effort that would go in to rounding up all the prisoners to find out who snuck out of their cell in the middle of the night (Locks aren't working) and ordered a bit of blue would be disproportionate to forking out a monthly subscription for the Goldy Hawn. Even the prisoners could probably bypass the parental lock by pulling the card out and looking at the last four numbers on the card.

:cool: , good point, as long as the tea making facilities and the ps3's are there, they won't bother trying to come out anyway :lol:

When we went on one of the tours up there, we asked about the TV situation.

They said that each cell doesn't have a TV "fixed" into it (and there certaintly wasn't when we saw them). Instead, if a Prisoner is being good, then they will put in a normal TV on the desk in the cell and plug it in. The prisoners only have access to BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Ch4 along with some "Prison Information Channels". Apparantly there is an option to add/remove channels if required. The staff said that the prisoners won't be getting Sky Movies, Sky Sports etc though.

From speaking to someone working up at Jurby Prison last week, I understand this is still the case.

If the prisoner is being bad, then the TV will be removed from the cell (or they can simply turn off the power/tv feed to that particular cell (I hope they have some heavyweight TV's).

:cool: , good point, as long as the tea making facilities and the ps3's are there, they won't bother trying to come out anyway :lol:

You do enjoy a good prison thread don't you? I have a theory as to why this is. I suspect you may lurk about the prison gates around release times. Correct me if I'm wrong. All that pent up sexual frustration just itching (no, really, lol,lol........ ) to be unleashed. Oooh, you are a naughty boy but I think you've paid your debt to society now so if you're in need of a good shower then maybe I'll bend over for the soap for a change? Of course, I could be wrong.

Makes you wonder if the prison service subcribes to the permiership package on SKY as well? Bet Clearview were the first to have a fully working system in place up there ;)

My GF was chatting to the Coleburns delivery guys a while back, they had just been in there fitting an LCD TV in each cell with built in freeview.

My GF was chatting to the Coleburns delivery guys a while back, they had just been in there fitting an LCD TV in each cell with built in freeview.

When a prisoner first arrives, they don't get a TV in their cell. They have to show that they deserve one, by following the rules and taking part in the education classes, etc. After a while they can hire a TV from the money they earn each week. Weekly hire is about £2.50, which out of about £7.00 earnings a week is a fair bit. The next stage is that the TV is not charged for and this is provided to prisoners who have proved over a long period they behave and follow the rules.

There is no sky and no freeview, just the basic five channels.

, good point, as long as the tea making facilities and the ps3's are there, they won't bother trying to come out anyway :lol:

You do enjoy a good prison thread don't you? I have a theory as to why this is. I suspect you may lurk about the prison gates around release times. Correct me if I'm wrong. All that pent up sexual frustration just itching (no, really, lol,lol........ ) to be unleashed. Oooh, you are a naughty boy but I think you've paid your debt to society now so if you're in need of a good shower then maybe I'll bend over for the soap for a change? Of course, I could be wrong.

:lol: Keyboarder, you're getting quite funny these days and I'm finding quite a few of your posts quite humorous. (I must be losing it)

I suppose I'm a little sandwiched these days, as I know people on both sides of the fence and hear both versions, but I do remember my earlier threads which obviously ruffled a few feathers with my hang em high policy :rolleyes:

(Read some back posts of mine) I have changed a little, haven't I? Hopefully, I'm learning to see both sides of discussions these days and not instinctively writing (hard bit this) without considering the alternatives :o

Keep up what you're doing keyboarder, as I'm liking this fun side from you :thumbsup:

When a prisoner first arrives, they don't get a TV in their cell. They have to show that they deserve one,

This is where me and the criminal justice system just dont get on. How do you deserve a TV when you are being detained for being a social misfit?

Archived