Jurby Prison

manxy

After a while they can hire a TV from the money they earn each week. Weekly hire is about £2.50, which out of about £7.00 earnings a week is a fair bit.

Let them earn it back in a soapy-arsed bum-athon.

All the TV's are for is to pacify them so they don't kick off.

As for the cells they are all single person cells meaning no talking to your bunk mate anymore.

The regulars in the prison are in for a shock i was told by a friend that this prison will be run completely different than victoria road.

The drug problem will be stamped on hard in there, the cells are to be searched by the dogs weekly also

Don't think it is going to suddenly become Tenko, not when a telly is £2.50 a week, tenner a month for a decent flat screen jobby, I'm paying five times that on HP, bit of a piss take. Some scroat is gonna be delivered to the jail, look in his cell, shrug as if it will do and then gripe about how the telly he stole is bigger than the one in his cell. And as for drugs, when only half the staff there have any sort of training their gonna be more scared than vigilant. And as for the drugs dog, if they've gone about getting one of them the way they've done the rest, it's gonna be a three-legged affair led by a bit of string and missing its nose.

The only way they will ever stop the regulars is to give them less everytime they go in.

I personally think anyone who has been in there more than once should only get very bland food and no mixing with fellow crims.

Discouragment is all that is needed, they get more per day on food than the elderly in care bit wrong somewhere aint it?

I would give them army rations if its good enough for the army its more than good enough for the local druggies of which 7/10 prisoners are in there.

A hard line needs to be taken.

The victims never seem to get anything from the system do they.

I don't see the problem in them being nallowed certain luxury via good behaviour. Their punishmnet is in incarceration itself. That is enough, surely ? Or do we *really* want them hardened up so when they are released they don't actually give a flying fuck about anyone or anything ?

They need educating about compliance in society. NOT by exclusion from it...

...GOMH*...

• 2 months later...

Archived