Ministerial Change

Grianane

I'd hardly call it a cabinet shuffle, more like a swap, only two of the buggers. Tony Brown had but two choices, swap em around or put them to work in his shop, neither of them know anything about 4quid radios so it narrowed it down a bit.

THE Department of Tourism and Leisure is in crisis and needs strong leadership to stop it imploding.

Was a quote from Bill Henderson MHK lifted from IoM Toaday website.

When you consider that the Chief Executive has been asked to take a month's leave it leaves the Department leaderless, if not rudderless.

Isle of Man Tourism seemed to run better when there were just a couple of people travelling around the UK in a bus handing out leaflets at shows. Later a handful of people in the office and now a full blown bifta of an Isle of Man Government Department complete with Minister and Chief Executive and a whole empire of employees.

Nice work if you can get it!

When you consider that the Chief Executive has been asked to take a month's leave etc

Which means, of course, that they can't actually do the job and shouldn't be in the post.

Mr Brown says the change of portfolio will offer valuable new experience to both ministers - and insists he was not driven by any concerns over either's performance in the past 19 months

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Which means, of course, that something is broken. I wonder what?

When you consider that the Chief Executive has been asked to take a month's leave etc

Which means, of course, that they can't actually do the job and shouldn't be in the post.

which means, of course, give em a nice redundency package of public money to fuck off and don't come back. no doubt after the month there will be a resignation due to ill health or family circumstanmces or whatever bullshit excuse is current. what odds are being offered on them not being in the post by christmas?? probably sooner.

a whole empire of employees.

23?

I was actually looking for an appropriate collective noun. I was going to plump for 'legion' and although obviously an exaggeration the response would have been predictable and probably the same. 'Coupla dozen' seemed about right but could have been taken as being meant too literally and might have resulted in just quite a similar riposte.

Under the circumstances, and used in the modern work place sense, I would say 'empire' is about blob on.

First it was the Minister of Fun... then the Minister of Glum.

What will we be calling Mr Quayle?

I can think of one that rhymes with 'glum.'

Dim Sum? (Minister For Food ??)

Mum? (Only speaks to ladies with children)

Tum? (No, that would be the Health Minister)

Rum? (80,000 alchoholics clinging.... no I won't go down that road)

Slum? (Insert your own gag here.....)

Archived