Poor Farmers

Graculus

Manx farmers are struggling to make ends meet as they face spiralling costs.

Funny how there's always money for a nice big shiny pick-up and a new 4x4. Oh, and instead of repairing that tractor we'll just buy a new one.

Guess that poverty means different things to different people.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll assuming you're quoting a taxi driver, and continue the thread by quoting what a taxi driver once said to me.

There's a lot of untapped power in gravity. They should build a hill from Manchester to London. That way you won't need petrol to get there, you can just use gravity.

Funny how there's always money for a nice big shiny pick-up and a new 4x4. Oh, and instead of repairing that tractor we'll just buy a new one.

more ppl talking out of there ass then,(that be you then)

when u understand the world of farming you would not post utter shit,

Well would you be skinny if you could get up in the morning and the only limit for bacon butties is how fast the wife can cut bits off one of the pigs? I've heard about the woes of the farmer and they're not as wealthy as they once were, 20 years ago they thought the smallest banknote was a 50. Still, they must have plenty of savings, money they didn't spend on jumpers without holes. When you use Newsons Trading as your tailor of choice you must be saving loads.

Since your reply implies a little knowledge of farming, would you care to elucidate and share that knowledge with us - explode the poor farmer myth!

I can take you to a farm, part of which constitutes an eyesore on the landscape. Now-rusting, derelict machinery abandoned, not because it's broken beyond repair but because the grants / funding available to the farmer make it so easy for him to buy new kit and toss the old machinery to one side. He can't even be arsed to remove it from his land.

I can take you to a farm, part of which constitutes an eyesore on the landscape. Now-rusting, derelict machinery abandoned, not because it's broken beyond repair but because the grants / funding available to the farmer make it so easy for him to buy new kit and toss the old machinery to one side. He can't even be arsed to remove it from his land.

A farm? You do mean just about every farm don't you?

Since your reply implies a little knowledge of farming, would you care to elucidate and share that knowledge with us - explode the poor farmer myth!

well you dont get grants for machinery so cant see how its so easy for him to just buy a new one

Sweeping generalisations rule hey!!

Where are exactly are you quoting form there??

I've seen an office worker driving a Bentley today, does that mean EVERY office worker drives a Bentley? I work in an office and don't

No, it doesn't, I work in an office with more money then you can imagine ever seeing and nobody drives a Bentley.

However, my dad is a farmer. He works a million times harder, for 365 (yes thats every day) for at least 12 hours a day for far less money than I'll earn.

If I had to work in the same conditions as him, 99% of my colleagues would say no, so why make these comments based on very little.

The majority of farmers work in very tough conditions to keep yo€u in the things you take for granted and i think that comin gon here mouthing off about things you obviously don't not nothing about makes my blood boil

Sweeping generalisations rule hey!!

Where are exactly are you quoting form there??

I've seen an office worker driving a Bentley today, does that mean EVERY office worker drives a Bentley? I work in an office and i don't

No, it doesn't, I work in an office with more money then you can imagine ever seeing and nobody drives a Bentley.

However, my dad is a farmer. He works a million times harder, for 365 (yes thats every day) for at least 12 hours a day for far less money than I'll earn.

If I had to work in the same conditions as him, 99% of my colleagues would say no, so why make these comments based on very little.

The majority of farmers work in very tough conditions to keep yo€u in the things you take for granted and i think that comin gon here mouthing off about things you obviously don't not nothing about makes my blood boil

Why don't they just, like, not then, instead? And get a job in an office where they can make a living without all this terrible suffering? It seems odd that I should have to contribute my taxes to prolong their anguish...

Archived