[BBC News] Shortage of Grand Prix marshals

Newsbot

mmm let's see, Insentive for visiting marshals discount on ferry fares, Incentive for local marshals fuck all. Anyone got any ideas why people arn't signing

Maybe we could teach them to spell incentive?

corrected :P

Honestly, I don't think people will realise what they had 'til it's gone!

what 4 weeks or road closeing and 4 weeks of nutters on bikes, really going to miss them

But an awful lot are just counting the days.

wish it hurry up

mmm let's see, Insentive for visiting marshals discount on ferry fares, Incentive for local marshals fuck all. Anyone got any ideas why people arn't signing

Got a free MGP programme, a Bushy's drinks voucher for a pint, and a DVD with the dulcit tones of Stu Peters - what more could there be? Though any takers? as I'm looking to swap those for a sowester and a brolley the way things are looking.

Never been to the MGP before, been to the TT for about 5 years. Hopefully this won't be the way both events turn out in the future.

After TT 2008, where spectator numbers seemed quiet to a visitor, I hope this isn't the decline to both events. If this happens then it's not just 2 motorsport events that suffer, but the general tourism of the Isle of Man.

But on the plus side there'll be a lot less carnage on the island's roads.

Unfortunately if you look at the accident statistics there are less accidents in all severity's per number of drivers on the island during TT and MGP than the rest of the year it seems people are more aware of the dangers during this period

Archived