The Charlatans

fubar

aaaaah I am so gutted I didnt get to see them!! The Charlatans have been one of my fave bands since my teens - LOVE Tim Burgess - they were the first band I ever saw live, my Mum let me go and see them in Liverpool when I was still at school in 1991 -haven't seen them since!

Am glad the gig went well....!

People keep telling me how cool Tim`s hair is, i dont get it at all, i think he looks like a twat to be honest! Not a slur on the band or the great music but come on.. a mushroom hat in anything other than the 90`s is just plain daft! or am i just completly out of touch to whats cool or not now

The Charlatans - WOW. What a fantastic night - seen loads of acts at the villa and The Charlatans were definitely the most enthusiastically received show i've seen. The fans were bouncing, the performance was energetic, enthralling, amazing. My only moan is that i couldn't get lagered-up as i was up for work at sparrows fart the morning after (pissed-up forklift operators ain't too popular see)

I personally feel we're spoiled on the IOM to have artists of this magnitude coming over to entertain small crowds (compared with UK & Eire). Someone once told me that the government subsidise entertainers to encourage them to appear here.

I wouldn't know if theres any truth in that or whether it's just a fab place to visit - it's got so much going for it after all ( i decided to move here within 5 hours of getting off the plane during my first visit!)

I have since been to 30 or 40 top-notch shows on the Island - and i consider myself fussy!

What ever the reason the acts are coming - keep 'em coming.

:):):):):)

Not bad for a bunch of floppy-haired mancs. ( i reckon they're Scousers in disguise)

People keep telling me how cool Tim`s hair is, i dont get it at all, i think he looks like a twat to be honest! Not a slur on the band or the great music but come on.. a mushroom hat in anything other than the 90`s is just plain daft! or am i just completly out of touch to whats cool or not now

toad1.jpg

It's 90s retro or nowt my dear!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

^^^ That eye roll's not emphatic enough!!!!!!

:D :D :D

House had a jumper and a haircut like that ^^^^ + broad Lancashire accent + DMs... It's all catnip to me baybee!!! I really get it when someone doesn't give a ratsbollocks what anyone thinks. :cool:

Archived