Guitar Hero/rock Band Advice

yehyehyeh

• 1 month later...

Both have their issues unfortunately.

I got ghwt biab then rb2 solus.

Ghwts song list is pretty bad, over 2/3rds the songs when i played them i just wanted them to end. But the instruments of ghwt are superb which is the reason i got the ghwt biab and not rb2s.

The song creator is very very basic. I havent touched it myself but have listened to some of the songs people have made and even the best ones are pretty pants.

rb2 has a better song list and obviously the much better dlc library but the calibration is horific. If you dont get the rb2 new guitar (which has a auto calibration built in) then you will be lucky to not spend hours (i took 3 hours to get something playable) if not days to get your settings right.

Also rb2 has had some (not welcome) changes to their system. For a start there is no solo career anymore you just do world tour. Its good you can now do that on your own but you cant see what score or stars you got in previous songs which is a really daft thing as normally you redo songs to better your score.

Now you dont know what score you got. Also you can switch between instruments throughout the tour so you dont know what songs you have played with what instrument.

The calibration isses and the game changes have been widely condemed but it seems that the much better song list of rb2 has made most people prefer playing rb2 over ghwt.

Both have their issues unfortunately.

I got ghwt biab then rb2 solus.

I've a few mats on GHWT which helped make my mind up, but another issue they've come up with is that you can't play online two player. It'll always invite randoms in to fill up your band, and you've also got to pick one song at a time, not a few like in GH3. Not sure if they're just driving it wrong.

Still the new instruments look superb.

Picked up ghwt yesterday for the kids xmas pressie, Game had sold out of 360 versions and didn't have many wii versions left. HMV had just a couple of sets left at lunchtime. If you're planning on getting this for xmas, act soon!

Archived