[BBC News] Prisoners transferred to new jail

Newsbot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a pat on the back exercise, fuck me, there only taking a few louts and dealers across the island FFS it aint like they were moving the inmates from the maze prison during the 80's.

"We had to put the planning in place ourselves and it has required a huge effort on behalf of the staff, many of whom volunteered to come in on their day off to assist.

Yeah, like they would be doing it for nothing.

Should have thought American on this one.

Manacled them together, half a dozen hungry police dogs, few cops with pump actions and walked them up there.

Nice day for a walk, healthy exercise, fresh air.

Save money.

Winner all round.

What a pat on the back exercise, fuck me, there only taking a few louts and dealers across the island FFS it aint like they were moving the inmates from the maze prison during the 80's.

"We had to put the planning in place ourselves and it has required a huge effort on behalf of the staff, many of whom volunteered to come in on their day off to assist.

you really are a knob

you really are a knob

Thanks x

you really are a knob

Thanks x

Although I disagreed with you Molly, at least you were straight and accepted my comment in good form.

Keyboarder was correct the other day with my familiarity with the prison side of things and I'm a little in between things at the moment, as I've got a couple of good friends in the prison service on one hand and another friend inside. I do know that the move appears to be a success and whether you can call it good management or good luck by all involved, then you'll have to make your own decision on that.

I've had a phone call today to say that the place is great and its much better than the other one and says it's a bit like a bachelor pad with your own toilet, kettle, TV and wash basin. I've also phoned a friend and mentioned your comments and he's a little pissed off with your views and cannot reply, as he's covered by Government claptrap (my words)

He's said however, that he's volunteered for the smooth running of the move and felt obliged to assist and that he did not do it for the money, but to help things go better for everyone concerned. (He's as straight as you'll get and if he says that, then I'd believe him over anything that others may say)

Personally, I don't see why you have to knock people down for doing what seems to be a good job and according to the news, something that hasn't happened before, ie, moving a prison lock, stock and barrel.

I presume therefore, that you're a prison officer and worked for the Maze to make a statement that you did?

You're call.....

I think calling it a massive security operation is bigging it up a bit

There are probably a few genuinely dangerous people in the IOM prison population but most of them a re just halfwits or drug dealers to lazy to keep ahead of the law

Most of them could have been sent up there in taxis

Should have thought American on this one.

Manacled them together, half a dozen hungry police dogs, few cops with pump actions and walked them up there.

Nice day for a walk, healthy exercise, fresh air.

Save money.

Winner all round.

In the style of Sherriff Joe:

a8mqg99v.jpg

QUOTE (manxy @ Aug 14 2008, 11:48 PM)

He's said however, that he's volunteered for the smooth running of the move and felt obliged to assist and that he did not do it for the money

Bollocks.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more :D I did it to be helpful to the community and to give something back to the government who did edumacate me, oh give me a break and stop with the insipid claptrap.

QUOTE (manxy @ Aug 14 2008, 11:48 PM)

He's said however, that he's volunteered for the smooth running of the move and felt obliged to assist and that he did not do it for the money

Bollocks.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more :D I did it to be helpful to the community and to give something back to the government who did edumacate me, oh give me a break and stop with the insipid claptrap.

So...how much did it cost in travel allowance - and did the prisoners ask for it too?

Archived