[BBC News] Prisoners transferred to new jail

Newsbot

I remember spending some time talking to prison officers some time back, transpires most of them had failed to get into the police/fire service/ambulance service/forces. I can't see the connection.

Think I'll apply for the prison service if my application to join the police gets knocked back

Why not try for the prison service first they gey paid more than the police

I was hoping to do a bit of moonlighting as a strippagram and there doesn't seem to be much call for a stripping prison officer

Apart from Max Mosley........

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the recent poll is quite enterprising from the Government

Do you think prison officers should have been given an extra mileage allowance - as yet undisclosed - because the prison has moved to Jurby?

Look out other Isle of Man Government employees, you're moving North! :huh:

I agree it sets a terrible precedent for any government agency that chooses to relocate. The Isle of Man is a tiny place and yet you get three years mileage subsidy for driving an extra 20 miles or so. I wonder what some of the people getting made redundant are getting to help them to drive into the job centre ... oh that's right absolutely jack shit.

I see that its ok to do the move now that they have bought off the workers

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Prison-offi...ance.4399853.jp

A very costly and silly precedent to set on an island this size, given the number of 'civil servants'.

Do you think prison officers should have been given an extra mileage allowance - as yet undisclosed - because the prison has moved to Jurby?

Frankly, it beggars belief. What if you're a prison officer living in the north...what happens then?

A very costly and silly precedent to set on an island this size, given the number of 'civil servants'.

Frankly, it beggars belief. What if you're a prison officer living in the north...what happens then?

I believe the settlement depends on where you live, the closer you are to the new jail the less you get.

I believe the settlement depends on where you live, the closer you are to the new jail the less you get.

I was told the following Molly and it would agree with what you said also. Those living over half way from Douglas to Jurby get nothing. Those living under half way from Douglas to Jurby get paid more, the closer they live to Douglas prison. Those who were employed after the date was announced regards the new prison get nothing.

At the end of the day, the prison staff will get their payment and nothing can be done about it, whether anyone likes it or not, due to the decision being announced. I've no doubt that this thread will keep coming and going for many months yet, but the decision will still be the same. I'm just wondering if there's a height restriction and whether parking fines count against me

Personally, I'm in favour of the Government departments moving North or away from Douglas, as it stops the bottlenecks appearing along the prom etc :)

Oooops - nearly missed this:

Great June quote, but why aren't you applying for that job as I understand that there's vacancies?

Why is it an appalling comment to make and do you know him personally? What would you personally do and say if you were him? How can you speak for every Prison Officer? Your comments are bollocks too

Hmmm... my grasp of english must be waning as I'm not quite sure of the meaning of your post. There's no mistaking this though: "Why aren't you applying for that job as I understand that there's vacancies?"

The reason I'm not applying is that I'm not keen on the behaviour of what would be my future colleagues. In any event there's this as well:

I remember spending some time talking to prison officers some time back, transpires most of them had failed to get into the police/fire service/ambulance service/forces. I can't see the connection.

I've already served in two out of the four. I think that'll do me for now...

Oooops - nearly missed this:
Great June quote, but why aren't you applying for that job as I understand that there's vacancies?

Why is it an appalling comment to make and do you know him personally? What would you personally do and say if you were him? How can you speak for every Prison Officer? Your comments are bollocks too

Hmmm... my grasp of english must be waning as I'm not quite sure of the meaning of your post. There's no mistaking this though: "Why aren't you applying for that job as I understand that there's vacancies?"

The reason I'm not applying is that I'm not keen on the behaviour of what would be my future colleagues. In any event there's this as well:

I've already served in two out of the four. I think that'll do me for now...

I'm really not bothered what you write anyway, however, I will have the last word over you haha :P

Archived