Queen To Reform

Alex

well i guess if they want to reform, that's their business.

the songs DO Belong to them don't they?

I dont' subscribe to the 'freddie is dead, therefore the band should go into hiding'.

Making music is their job - it's what they wake up to do every morning. Should we all quit our jobs and sit at home waiting to snuff it just because someone in the office or work team dies? How about even if the Team Leader dies?

Let them get on with it - as was previosuly posted, it's going to be a Queen fans only thing really isn't it, and they'll all be quite aware that Mercury is no longer able to meet his work commitments. But they go because Queen are not really about JUST one person, I seem to remember something about them being the only band where everu member has written a Number One single, or something. So it's not like Brian May and Roger Taylor are just 'session musicians' or members of The Freddie Mercury Band.

As for Paul Rogers - yeah, why not. He's successful in his own right, and I imagine Queen fans will be in for a realy treat cos he'd suit the heavier songs they recorded and not that pop pap that crept out at the arse end of the 80's.

Declan! i resent that junkie comment about Jim Morrison! he was scared of needles! and he hated heroin! his ladyfriend Pamela, who liked to call herself his wife, was the junkie - not Morrison. yeah he used to do cocaine, with Patricia Kennealy-Morrison - she describes it in her book! (which i am currently reading - very good read - nice not to read the same things about him as in all the other books) he died of heart failure, as he was a bad alcoholic. and he was an amazing performer, as well as an amazing poet, and a f*cking great singer. he has the most amazing scream! thats my opinion anyway, i dont give a sh*t who doesn't like Jim Morrison, i love him and he rocks.

on the other note, Queen reforming would be good, just to see Brian May! (mind you, he did do that thing with 5ive, bad one) but i think Freddie would have wanted them to carry on.

im well p*ssed off about INXS auditioning people to fill in for Michael Hutchence though.

Strange you should mention three singers who represent everything that  is wrong in Rock - pomposity, arrogance and the glamourisation of death.

LOL : Surely that /is/ rock ?

I beleive INXS are actually auditioning to replace Terrence Trent D'Arby as their singer. Thats already too funny for me to add anything else to.

Archived