Port St.mary Butchered

TomGlassey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's reasonable quality but I'm not keen on the added dyes and increased water content.

I know what you mean but it's no worse than your average high street butcher. (Is it?)

I disagree.

Normally when I fry bacon there is loads of H2O comes off but the last few months we have bought bacon from said butcher (down from where the bandroom once was) and it is bacon like it used to be. Just frying in the pan without swimming, sizzling and going crispy without being soggy first.

Incidentally, I hardly think this thread is Veggie or Jewish friendly, but such is life.

Cool a surf shop.

Now all you need is some surf...

It comes through at the right time of year thanks....

julian_point_again_470x330.jpg

By way of perspective I feel this internet classic needs to be shown here:

post-4192-1218831503_thumb.jpg

Cool a surf shop.

Now all you need is some surf...

It comes through at the right time of year thanks....

Of course, your surf shops are cool because your so-called surf turns you blue! Sorted...

Losing both shops in PE and PSM would be a disaster.

we have bought bacon from said butcher (down from where the bandroom once was) and it is bacon like it used to be. Just frying in the pan without swimming, sizzling and going crispy without being soggy first.

Dry cure bacons which behave thus when cooking are available at both Tesco and Shoprite.

I have no idea. But I love ribeye steak and never have that problem whether I buy from a supermarket or a butcher. The idea I think is to seal the juices into the steak by searing it in a VERY hot pan. And I have very expensive frying pans that I use for this kind of thing....... ; ))

People of PSM may I recommend Radcliffes of Castletown. Been using them for over a year now and their meat is brilliant

Their burgers are shite though

Gladys, try using grapeseed oil in a Bourgeat pan. Rub the steak with cracked pepper & Maldon sea salt, heat the pan to smoking and seal the meat on both sides before turning down the heat to cook it to your desired level

Prodding the steak with your finger will tell you how done it is. eg soft = rare, hard = ruined

A 12inch non-stick Bourgeat pan costs about fifteen quid from Nisbets.com

Lend us one then!

From a Professional take on the last few posts. When you get water/liquid coming out of your bacon/chickenthighs/porksteaks, etc, etc,.It is the state the animal was in before it went to slaughter.

If they're stressed out you will get a lot of liquid retention. Happy on their way to meet their maker and my Dinner plate. very little water.

That is all!

It's reasonable quality but I'm not keen on the added dyes and increased water content.

I know what you mean but it's no worse than your average high street butcher. (Is it?)

I disagree.

Normally when I fry bacon there is loads of H2O comes off but the last few months we have bought bacon from said butcher (down from where the bandroom once was) and it is bacon like it used to be. Just frying in the pan without swimming, sizzling and going crispy without being soggy first.

Try heating your frying pan up a lot higher and don't use olive oil, it burns at a very low temperature.

I mean, and I suppose so does Mrs Gladys, that under the same cooking conditions, one lot of meat exudes copious amounts of water, the other not so. Thanks for the tip though, but I take it as just another retort to show your prowess at yet another diverse area of life.

Their burgers are shite though

But aren't all burgers so? Made up from dubious body parts of the animal such as sphincter, lip and earlobe. Ground up with bits of mess found on the slaughter house floor and mixed with disguising spices and stuff that make us all go "mmmhhh, lovely!!!!"

Archived