Who Was This?

ans

I don't follow the local music scene anymore, not since the demise of Bushys all those years ago, but I happened to be in the Douglas last night and could hear through from the (old) pool room a band playing that sounded pretty handy. I popped my head in but it was a closed practice session so couldn't hang about to hear more. They sounded better when not thumping through the walls, although it may have been the copious amounts of alcohol I was imbued with.

Any ideas who they were? Four piece playing some pretty heavy stuff, didn't recgonise it as a cover. This was about 10pm I think, although time memory is somewhat hazy.

Oh yeah, it was total metal. Guitar riffs were a little Slayer/Machine Head like. Not sure what the vocalist was doing, his sound was awful but I could tell he wasn't doing cookie monster or screaming.

Lead guitarist had glasses and long hair, drummer was some skinny oik with a bandana/cap and I couldn't see the rhythm and bass from where I was.

Edit: Haha, that means it's a five piece :rolleyes:

Ans, I've just spoken to Simon from Chiaroscura on the 'phone and he said it was them. They only play their own original material, not covers.

Check out their site here for some audio ans.

Also, Simon said if you introduce yourself to him at the gig, he'll sort you out a promo cd with some bonus tracks on it for free.

Also, Simon said if you introduce yourself to him at the gig, he'll sort you out a promo cd with some bonus tracks on it for free.

Cheers. I was actually talking to the singer's brother at a works do last night. Just a chance conversation and a weird co-incidence considering I only heard of them 3 days before.

Archived