Warp Drive Theoretically Possible, Say Scientists

Bombay Bad Boy

Cool, the next test is trans-warp technology.

That's assuming they don't get into the whole Warpspeed, FTL, hyperspace argument of course.

Nerd 1 - I think we should call it warp speed

Nerd 2 - no frakking way dude, it's definitely faster than light drive technology dude

Nerd 3 - Listen, we wouldn't be here without the Vorlons, it's got to be hyperspace or else I'm calling the planet killers in, okay?

All this extraordinary feat requires, says the new study, is for scientists to harness a mysterious and poorly understood cosmic antigravity force, called dark energy.

Damn why didn't I think of that. It's always the simple and easy to implement ideas that are the best...

All this extraordinary feat requires, says the new study, is for scientists to harness a mysterious and poorly understood cosmic antigravity force, called dark energy.

Damn why didn't I think of that. It's always the simple and easy to implement ideas that are the best...

All this extraordinary feat requires is the foundation of a whole new branch of physics based on a back of fag packet calculation some bloke did in his lunch hour.

This might be a better bet for not only faster than light travel (via a type of hyperspace, no less) but a reactionless sub-light space drive - Burkhard Heim's "Space Drive" - New Scientist

Archived