[BBC News] Grand Prix fortnight is under way

Newsbot

The Manx Grand Prix fortnight is under way with thousands of motorbike enthusiasts set to visit the island.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7566581.stm

Great. The whole Island is shut again so that 25 pensioners in ancient Wallace & Gromit sidecar combinations can amuse themselves spending a whole week leaning on walls and chocking up the Manx economy by buying crisps and pop.

The Manx Grand Prix fortnight is under way with thousands of motorbike enthusiasts set to visit the island.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7566581.stm

Great. The whole Island is shut again so that 25 pensioners in ancient Wallace & Gromit sidecar combinations can amuse themselves spending a whole week leaning on walls and chocking up the Manx economy by buying crisps and pop.

:lol: Pretty accurate description! I love the sight, sound and smell of the bikes but it's like "Cocoon" with leather..

The biggest difference between the TT and the MGP? With the TT the bikes overtake you, with the GP it's the other way round. :geek:

The biggest difference between the TT and the MGP? With the TT the bikes overtake you, with the GP it's the other way round. :geek:

I think the police should do roadside tests on some of them.

Driving out of Douglas tonight I was passed by about 6 old duffers riding various piles of shite which all looked like they had recently been built on Scrapheap Challenge. Theres nothing worse than some crusty trying to burn you off on a 30 year old piece of junk with the exhaust held on by bailing twine.

Driving out of Douglas tonight I was passed by about 6 old duffers riding various piles of shite which all looked like they had recently been built on Scrapheap Challenge. Theres nothing worse than some crusty trying to burn you off on a 30 year old piece of junk with the exhaust held on by bailing twine.

I'd rather have them than some pissed up young wannabe racer doing well over the limit on the wrong side of the road.

I'd rather have them than some pissed up young wannabe racer doing well over the limit on the wrong side of the road.

With you all the way on that one!

Not sure if it is because I'm getting older, but I'm beginning to like the MGP more and more - a bit like TT used to be - some great historic machines, really nice friendly atmosphere instead of a bunch of angry wannabes trying to fly past you at every opportunity.

Much prefer it to the 'crotch rockets' zipping past all over the shop.

However, long may they both continue, one of the truly wonderful things we have that separate us from the adjacent Isle!

The thing that amuses me is those older than George Formby ashen faces, underneath those George Formby type crash helmets.

Saw one this afternoon that should have been pulled over for a breath test ... just to check he was actually still breathing!!

Archived