Amazon N Tesco Go For Jersey

Slim

Yeah, I lived in Brighton for 2 years and got to see some of Sussex (mainly the costal towns though). Used to travel up from Brighton to Surrey on a regular basis though, due to the family empire being spread out a bit at that time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus, if it were Brighton, I doubt it would have been!

Mission, did you ever see the Condom Store in Brighton, near the Lanes?

I only ask because I knew the people that ran it and Celebs from far and wide would visit it. Only because they always wanted the bag!

"In emergency, break glass for instant cover!"

Stav.

I only ever visited the lanes once, when my friends from the Isle of Wight came up for the day. I bought an Onyx ring in a pawn shop down there.

I don't recall seeing the condom shop though. This would have been 1987-1989 though so I don't know if it was there then.

Ahh yes, the Pink Coconut, such happy days. :)

Expand dear chap!!

Your'e amongst friends.. me and Stav won't say nowt.

Marcus, the Pink Coconut was a nightclub, I only went there a few times with my half-brother (who lived just up the road at Portslade). It was the club where they filmed Quadrophenia (although it might have been known as something else then).

It was my first clubbing experience which is why it sticks in my mind.

Yeah, I became a free member of the world in '87 so I guess it would have been about '92-93 that they started.

How can you only ever visit the lanes once?

I didn't even live in Brighton, "Hove actually" but still ended up there for some reason. I think that's where I got my first dress!

Stav.

:blink:

I wasn't so outgoing then, didn't really do too much unless I had others to accompany me. If I lived there now, or even 10 years ago, it would be a different story. I liked it down there, but at 16 and being the shy, naive person that I was, it just wasn't the right place for me.

Totally mental place to live though, a real eye opener.

Archived