Don't Mess With Taxi Drivers . . .

Theodolite

Manx Radio

That'll learn 'em

In the olden days one could usually vent one's fury by threatening to phone up the Mannin Line. These days you get a whole news item on t'interweb, audio clip and everything. :)

Come on, this is Manx Radio, sometimes they get so desperate for news they interview their own staff in relation to LOCAL SCANDAL.

It is quite a funny story though. I've often thought they survived on fifth hand shite provided by taxi drivers, and then they go and prove it.

The Work Permit Office has told us a person can be given verbal authorisation to start work but only if their permit has been approved in principle.

That's what it's been like for the last 31yrs i've been working. If it turns out wrong for them, they stop work.

Maybe Taxi Drivers don't get that as they don't have proper jobs :P

"He believes he's being penalised for allegedly reporting the firm and he's unsure of what to do next (audio file attached):"

He could always bring a flask and sit outside, has to be better than paying £2.30 for a cup of re-hydrated chemical swill

I agree, I have yet to find an airport or ferry food service that serves anything that can be considered fit for consumption or have any form of taste for any human above the level of chav

Basically, a rascist xenophobic Manx yessir of a taxi driver has made some obscene comment to one of the asian workers at the airport (probably something along the lines of "I hope you've gorra work permit yer p###i b@$tard!") and has been rightly banned from the premises.

One can only speculate mind you, but from personal experience with Manx taxi drivers I'm pretty sure my hypothesis will stand.

Basically, a rascist xenophobic Manx yessir of a taxi driver has made some obscene comment to one of the asian workers at the airport (probably something along the lines of "I hope you've gorra work permit yer p###i b@$tard!") and has been rightly banned from the premises.

Yes, there's no such words as 'yer' and 'gorra' - shoddy use of the English language surely deserves a ban in itself.

I wonder if I'll get banned if I ask: 'Why are you wasting £44M on this pile of sh1t we don't need?'.

Yes, there's no such words as 'yer' and 'gorra' - shoddy use of the English language surely deserves a ban in itself.

I wonder if I'll get banned if I ask: 'Why are you wasting £44M on this pile of sh1t we don't need?'.

Phonetic spelling my good sir. One needs to use it when committing the Anglo-Manx dialect to text as it is illegible otherwise.

Phonetic spelling my good sir. One needs to use it when committing the Anglo-Manx dialect to text as it is illegible otherwise.

"illegible

Adjective

unable to be read or deciphered"

Surely phonetic spelling makes text less easy to be deciphered? Or was illegible not the correct word in this context?

One can only speculate mind you, but from personal experience with Manx taxi drivers I'm pretty sure my hypothesis will stand.

I'm getting the word..........Salford

"illegible

Adjective

unable to be read or deciphered"

Surely phonetic spelling makes text less easy to be deciphered? Or was illegible not the correct word in this context?

Perhaps unintelligible is the word the poster was grasping for.

S

Archived