Scottish Seagull Cull Planned

Langweilig

At the end of the day there is zero need for a modern society to murder defenseless wild animals

Was this not you then? Who then did you intend that wanted said "murders"

And i also understand your not mentioning your beligerance.

The OP!!!!! The whole point in this thread :rolleyes:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The op title is an obvious mistake, read the link=----no mention of culling. Now some naughty boys and girls have some humorous or ironic posts regarding machine guns and the like, they are meant to amuse, now the serious posters are the ones NOT suggesting culling but rather looking for a solution to a problem. Name calling and beligerance bring nowt to this discussion.

Maybe unfortunately, it seems Peregrine Falcons prefer to eat pigeons - smaller, tastier, and less able to fight back. (At least they help to keep the feral pigeon population down). Perhaps we should introduce some larger hunting birds, trained to eat herring gulls. Gyr falcons might fit the bill.

Who's more filthy, humans or seagulls?

Seagulls. (Yes Spanna we all know they're technically Herring Gulls but commonly referred to as seagulls. Get over it!).

Besides, when did you ever see one catch a herring?! Never. Shitehawk or indeed Seagull is a more accurate name really.

I've never eaten chunder up off the street, or bits of dump from a sewage outlet, or ripped open binbags to find things to eat, and yes even I shower every day too so definitely seagulls are more filthy.

So they are filthy because they are attracted by the thousands of tonnes if untreated shit and piss we pump into the seas that surround us. Think about that one.

Humans are by far the filthiest, most destructive, inconsiderate species ever to have had the privilege to inhabit this planet. It is us who need population control, not wildlife.

Hmmm, population control.

. . . . throughout the early hours young drunks are continually getting out of taxis, slamming doors and shouting "SEEEE YAAA" to their mates.

Drunken trash coming up the road singing and talking loudly. Even the ones on their own make a racket as they manage to locate a similarly drunken friend on the mobile phone network and talk loud total utter rambling shite as they stagger up the road.

. . .

Gyr falcons might fit the bill.

So where do you get these birds from? Foxdale?

They're not local, unfortunately. We'd have to try and pursuade them that our Island is a nicer place to live than Iceland or Greenland. Not difficult? :rolleyes:

I think the last gyr that was in the isle of man was shot!!

A few Eagle owls wouldnt go amiss. Taking out a few cats would go down excellent.

At the end of the day there is zero need for a modern society to murder defenseless wild animals

The tree-huggers should check out the "Fishing" thread. They'll find it most informative...

So they are filthy because they are attracted by the thousands of tonnes if untreated shit and piss we pump into the seas that surround us. Think about that one.

Humans are by far the filthiest, most destructive, inconsiderate species ever to have had the privilege to inhabit this planet. It is us who need population control, not wildlife.

So stand by your convictions and cull yourself...

A few Eagle owls wouldnt go amiss. Taking out a few cats would go down excellent.

Ahh I see. So seagulls are fine and culling them would be 'murdering them', but 'taking out' cats because you fancy it is fine? Your argument therefore = FAIL.

You wopper! :rolleyes::lol:

I've thought about it.

How about we all stop shitting and pissing then?

If they don't have anything to eat they'll just die off.

If we do stop shitting and pissing then we will start to die off and sort out your human race population control also.

You will have probably guessed that I think you are a total balloon

So stand by your convictions and cull yourself...

Do you really not know the difference between culling and population control, or was that just a misguided attempt to be funny?

I've thought about it.

How about we all stop shitting and pissing then?

If they don't have anything to eat they'll just die off.

If we do stop shitting and pissing then we will start to die off and sort out your human race population control also.

You will have probably guessed that I think you are a total balloon

So the only answer you can see is for us to stop shitting and pissing? Can you not exercise your brain a bit and think we could possibly manage our waste a bit better?

I don't claim to know the solutions, but you can't argue against the facts that the expanding human population is sucking the planet dry, and is the biggest cause of pollution/rubbish in existence. Please, tell me if I am wrong. I'd love to have a sensible discussion with you about it.

If I am a balloon, I hope we never meet - because I think you are a prick. :P

So the only answer you can see is for us to stop shitting and pissing? Can you not exercise your brain a bit and think we could possibly manage our waste a bit better?

I really couldn't be arsed attempting a 'sensible discussion' with you.

So I waft you away and offer you a couple of thought processes to consider on your own:

IRIS project

Energy from Waste plant.

Both highly unpopular, and both tackling problems everybody wants gone.

Archived