Scottish Seagull Cull Planned

Langweilig

I don't see it as tricky at all.

The Sub-Saharan African Church's stance on this is very simple. There is NO bonking outside of wedlock ergo there is no requirement for contraception. As this also means barrier contraception AIDs is roaring through their populations. Some of their God-Squad have a great deal to answer for.

Yes, the church, mainly the Catholic church, does have a lot to answer for. But there are other reasons, many of which are cultural/social not just religious, that make the acceptance of the use of condoms an uphill struggle.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see it as tricky at all.

The Sub-Saharan African Church's stance on this is very simple. There is NO bonking outside of wedlock ergo there is no requirement for contraception. As this also means barrier contraception AIDs is roaring through their populations. Some of their God-Squad have a great deal to answer for.

Yes, the church, mainly the Catholic church, does have a lot to answer for. But there are other reasons, many of which are cultural/social not just religious, that make the acceptance of the use of condoms an uphill struggle.

Condoms are relatively expensive in Africa.

"For 120 of the countries that receive condom donations, Population Action International calculated the average number of condoms donated annually per male aged 15 – 59 between 1998 and 2002. It was found that 22 countries receive more than 5 condoms per male annually, the majority of which are in Sub-Saharan Africa whilst 55 countries receive only one or less condoms per male a year. Those countries such as Zambia and Namibia with the highest prevalence rates and whose financial need is greatest do receive the most donations. The highest amount of condoms donated to any country was to Swaziland, which received an average of 16 condoms per male per year."

So should we be giving condoms to seagulls?

We have been for the last 80 or so years via the sewage outlets , as far as I,m aware!

Anybody know the exact year condoms first appeared?

So should we be giving condoms to seagulls?

We have been for the last 80 or so years via the sewage outlets , as far as I,m aware!

Anybody know the exact year condoms first appeared?

Hands in the air, 2008's finest reply---i salute you!

Think they were about in the middle ages, Casanova used a sheeps intestine condom, but they were poor, you couldnt blow the buggers up.

Here's a factory in Scotland that is being pestered by gulls, their solution is to hire a hawk.

Click here for the full story

Ah yes, we hired similar to stop birds nesting on the building. Fly the hawk around once a month and they all bug out. Unfortunately on it's first outing watched by most of us, the Harris Hawk flew straight into a plate glass window and broke it's neck, much to the dismay of it's handler. It was difficult not to laugh but then you just couldn't make something like that up..

I'm actually renovating a large house on the outskirts of Ramsey at the moment that used to belong to the Inventor of "Latex" !

His name was "Lucian Landau" , and he was a a D,I,Y, buff well before it was fashionable to be one , judging by the state of the house I'm working on :D

I'm actually renovating a large house on the outskirts of Ramsey at the moment that used to belong to the Inventor of "Latex" !

His name was "Lucian Landau" , and he was a a D,I,Y, buff well before it was fashionable to be one , judging by the state of the house I'm working on :D

Far be it from me to be pedantic, but Mr Landau did not invent latex

I believe he invented a way of making it thin & strong enough to be used for a johnny ( nostalgic slang, I love it)

Still, not an option for shitehawk control.

My father once culled a pair of gulls nesting on the adjacent building after they shit all over his new car, when my mother found out that he had shot them with a .22 rifle she took the gun to Raynors and swapped it for an air rifle.

Bloody spoilsport

My father once culled a pair of gulls nesting on the adjacent building after they shit all over his new car, when my mother found out that he had shot them with a .22 rifle she took the gun to Raynors and swapped it for an air rifle.

I take it he promptly divorced her?

And if not, why not!

• 2 years later...

Archived