[BBC News] Warning to dog walkers over ban

Newsbot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can see it being like the keystone cops on douglas beach, there must be over a square mile of sand ( shit and seaweed ) at low tide? manx radio will be able to keep nics and announce it over the air if someones on there.

I can't see why this is a problem - I have two dogs and no desire to walk them in public gardens. The beach, especially in winter, is another story. The only people who use it (with very few exceptions) are dog walkers, but if they don't pick up after their pets, hit them with a fine

I can understand it, there's kids playing in the parks. I know the majority of dog owners carry bags to pick up after their dogs, but some don't. I can't see parents being thrilled when they take the kids to a public park for a nice day and one of their sproglets goes skidding on a dog-egg. Then again thinking back, when playing footy as a kid and the ball went through a turd it create a whole new game, everyone laughing and trying to avoid the soiled ball as it was hoofed around, hmmm we didn't have Sky T.V in them days.

Then again thinking back, when playing footy as a kid and the ball went through a turd it create a whole new game, everyone laughing and trying to avoid the soiled ball as it was hoofed around, hmmm we didn't have Sky T.V in them days.

...nor so many food, pet or asthma etc. allergies.

I can understand it, there's kids playing in the parks. I know the majority of dog owners carry bags to pick up after their dogs, but some don't. I can't see parents being thrilled when they take the kids to a public park for a nice day and one of their sproglets goes skidding on a dog-egg. Then again thinking back, when playing footy as a kid and the ball went through a turd it create a whole new game, everyone laughing and trying to avoid the soiled ball as it was hoofed around, hmmm we didn't have Sky T.V in them days.

But it was already against the law to have your dog shit in the park, so why are these people going to adhere to the new ban? It's the people who were already abiding the law that are affected.

Anyway, not too fussed about parks either, but the beach ban is flippin crazy. Douglas beach is empty and huge, plenty of room for the one or two sunbathers and dogs.

I would suggest that the vast majority have nothing against dogs, even in the parks. The problem is only to do with dog shite being left everywhere.

Despite the Town of Douglas being infested with stinky brown slippery dog stools everywhere, I do not recall anyone ever being fined.

What Wavey Davey and the Mayororal Consort are really saying is that they are absolutely clueless as to how to catch and fine anyone for this disgusting trait amongst canine carers.

Dog shite, dog shite, dog shite, Douglas

Despite the Town of Douglas being infested with stinky brown slippery dog stools everywhere, I do not recall anyone ever being fined.

I don't think it is. In days gone by maybe, but I can't remember the last time I had to dodge a steamer in Douglas. I have seen hardly any uncontrolled dogs around either, compared to the numbers that used to walk the streets.

I can understand the issue in the sports areas of Nobles park though - even Daz would struggle with cleaning up after a diving header and getting covered in skid marks.

Some of these anti-dog idiots in Douglas Corpy must think that no household with children has a dog!

Crazy, I can't see why "they" can't just ban dogs from just some of the parks if they cause that much of a problem? Then those types who hate dogs/don't want their kids near a dog can have the choice and so can those who like and own dogs.

It's a shame about the beach too, though at least it's ok to go down there after 6pm in the summer. No-one else even uses that stinking beach, and even if they did - it's big enough for us all surely.

On Peel beach they've banned dogs until 9pm - ridiculous and effectively banning going to the beach with your kids and dog at all, as most young kids are in bed by 9pm. Laxey beach is 5pm, which I don't mind as I work during the day, but I used to love spending every day on Peel beach with my friends and my dog when I was a kiddie in the summer hols. All the kids used to love playing with the various dogs down there.

No wonder kids are getting fat and lazy - no ball games allowed, no skating allowed, no dogs allowed, jeez, what can you do in these parks? Sit there quietly and admire the silence...cos no fucker else is there!

You can understand why its a full blown ban in parks, no tide arrives there to wash the dog-eggs away that lazy owners ignored scooping up. So letting you dog-owners onto the beach after six is fair enough, whatever cable your dog lays will hopefully be taken out for a new life at sea on the evening tide leaving a nice semi-clean beach.

I copied and reworded this from another forum as it was extremelly lengthy.

(note: the person isn't me)

----------

I was fed up of dog crap being all over the place and decided to make a stand. I started watching dog owners walk their dogs in the park and it was of no surprise to me, that the occassional owner would let his dog do a poopsie and then walk on as if nothing happened.

Well yesterday, I had a great time. I knew that this particular person would allow his dog to foul the grass and discreetly watched. Bingo, the dog dropped its contents and as expected, the man walked off.

Using a plastic glove and some paper, I collected the poop, wrote a little note and dropped both through the mans letterbox, before he could finish his route.

I wish I could have seen his face when he found it in his house.

-----------

I couldn't help but smirk at what the owner might have said and would have liked to have known what was on the letter (Pièce de résistance) :lol:

I'm pleased that the dog owners I know all remove the dogs waste. :thumbsup:

Archived