Common Purpose

Lovenotfear

As ever with posts by Lovenotfear I am unclear of the point he is trying to make.

He is a prowler of the more conspiritorial-believing areas of the internet and it looks like various fringe organizations are fixated on Common Purpose - anyone know why?

On the face of it they look like the sort of organization PAG would invite to give a speech - lots of consultant speak, and a big contacts list - sounds highly sinister to me (not) - but who knows they could be the Elders of Zion in league with the KKK.

Well thats a little presumptuous china, what is it you are unsure about in my point?

I am just asking if they are involved in any activities!!! Are you not allowed to ask questions anymore?

Oh come on! This is an internet forum - why do you want to know? We are curious - you could have picked literally 100's of leadership consultancies - and you do tend to post stuff from left field - don't deny it, its part of what makes you an interesting poster!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As ever with posts by Lovenotfear I am unclear of the point he is trying to make.

He is a prowler of the more conspiritorial-believing areas of the internet and it looks like various fringe organizations are fixated on Common Purpose - anyone know why?

On the face of it they look like the sort of organization PAG would invite to give a speech - lots of consultant speak, and a big contacts list - sounds highly sinister to me (not) - but who knows they could be the Elders of Zion in league with the KKK.

Well thats a little presumptuous china, what is it you are unsure about in my point?

I am just asking if they are involved in any activities!!! Are you not allowed to ask questions anymore?

Oh come on! This is an internet forum - why do you want to know? We are curious - you could have picked literally 100's of leadership consultancies - and you do tend to post stuff from left field - don't deny it, its part of what makes you an interesting poster!!

I was just interested in there activities, thats all! Seeing that they have lots of high flyers from every walk of life! And do you really still believe in this left/right deal? If you go far enough left you meet yourself

on the right coming back!!

• 5 months later...

Here is some more "left field" info chinahand, but i think you will find it quite interesting viewing!!

http://www.tpuc.org/node/538

From a quick glance at the website it is clear that the 'common purpose' conspiracy is crackers. On the other hand, the way European governments have been pushing to deliver a federal superstate as a fait accompli - with hardly any discussion or explanation, is worrying. It is not too much of a stretch to say that the UK has Sinn Fein to thank for its independence - Ireland was the only member of the EU to allow a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty - Sinn Fein was the only mainstream party to campaign for a No vote. If the vote had been won by the Yes camp then, in effect, all 27 members would have been in a position to ratify a treaty that would have created a new European Union profoundly different from the EU established by the 1992 Maastricht Treaty. Lisbon would have meant an effective end to parliamentary sovereignty in the UK - leaving the UK about as much autonomy as Texas enjoys within the US, or Bavaria within Federal Germany. The EU would have acted as a state in its own right, signing international treaties, had its own embassies and diplomatic service, a voice at the UN, and all UK citizens would have woken up after ratification to find that their rights and duties as European Citizens were superior to their rights and duties as British citizens, and any conflict between these rights would have to be settled in the EU Court of Justice - not the House of Lords. The lack of clarity of the Treaty itself, and the lack of discussion about its consequences was bound to provoke 'common purpose' conspiracy nuts, because the way the whole process has been handled is hardly believable.

Nothing worrying about it at all in the sense of concern over the process of government. People vote in a government and it does as it feels it should, that is the way representative democracy works. Most of the electorate are largely ignorant of all the minutiae of every issue that a decision is taken on. The EU situation is no different.

The only difference between this common purpose organisation and government is that one is open and the other is not. Leaders already come to power through public ratification and they already have control. Common purpose appears to be a consolidation of the elite's control.

Not seen any thing about "common purpose" on the IOM yet. If people want to know more about this sinister organization can view Brian Gerrish videos about them on.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Common+Purpose#

Here is a more up to date video Justme!! It makes me laugh when they call Gerrish an extremist? Yet he was suitably enough to man the helm of

a royal navy ship for 20 years!!

http://www.tpuc.org/node/564

Not seen any thing about "common purpose" on the IOM yet. If people want to know more about this sinister organization can view Brian Gerrish videos about them on.

Sorry I fail to see what is sinister about common purpose. Has anyone tried to find out more about them rather than just take the word of Brian Gerrish? I'm not saying that he is lying, it appears that he fully convinced of what he says but I'm not convinced that he is right.

I have looked into common purpose (a little) and it appears to be a pretty good idea, not some weird brain washing cult.

Sorry I fail to see what is sinister about common purpose. Has anyone tried to find out more about them rather than just take the word of Brian Gerrish? I'm not saying that he is lying, it appears that he fully convinced of what he says but I'm not convinced that he is right.

I have looked into common purpose (a little) and it appears to be a pretty good idea, not some weird brain washing cult.

Ok, fair enough then!! So would you kindly have a look at this average quality video, and then tell me if you think they still

have no influence in the UK political arena? baring in mind that they are "a charity"!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3730272006284428844

If their offical website is anything to go by then I don't see many good ideas. I don't want to know that people in the UK are being trained for leadership of others, leadership they are not entitled to take. Might not be very sinister, but it is concerning given we already live in a country where there is a massive concentration of power, control, and wealth in the hands of a few and these people want to expand on that control over the people. They could be the sort of people who have massive influence over the functioning of state institutions. Not very democratic.

Ok, fair enough then!! So would you kindly have a look at this average quality video, and then tell me if you think they still

have no influence in the UK political arena? baring in mind that they are "a charity"!!

Sorry you seem to have missed my point, I have no doubt that Brian Gerrish believes what he says, but I don't.

When a person is convinced that something is happening they will find what they think is evidence of it everywhere, they can become a little irrational about it.

Can you provide a source of evidence (and I am happy to consider circumstantial or even hearsay) that is not Brian Gerrish or one of his cronies?

Lovenotfear - you are putting that video up as an example of the quality of Mr Gerrish's argument - seriously!

A total mishmash of unconnected middle class anxiety about the decline in the influence of the blue-rinse brigade with a conspiracy about the "EU Soviet".

A leaflet on gay rights = a conspiracy by the EU to destroy Christian values in the UK.

It's fascinating seeing him blame everything from Prescott playing crochet to squaddies dying in Afghanistan to Vivian Westwood's shock devil horns all to the influence of the EU coordinated by the evil mastermind of Common Purpose.

The UKIP mob must love this sort of thing - and it links in with conspiracy anxiety from the likes of Lovenotfear - amazing - there is something deeply fascinating sociologically in all this.

Mr Gerrish's concern for Common Purpose infliltrating Plymouth with its infection is gripping watching - erm wot!

Lovenotfear - you are putting that video up as an example of the quality of Mr Gerrish's argument - seriously!

A total mishmash of unconnected middle class anxiety about the decline in the influence of the blue-rinse brigade with a conspiracy about the "EU Soviet".

A leaflet on gay rights = a conspiracy by the EU to destroy Christian values in the UK.

It's fascinating seeing him blame everything from Prescott playing crochet to squaddies dying in Afghanistan to Vivian Westwood's shock devil horns all to the influence of the EU coordinated by the evil mastermind of Common Purpose.

The UKIP mob must love this sort of thing - and it links in with conspiracy anxiety from the likes of Lovenotfear - amazing - there is something deeply fascinating sociologically in all this.

Mr Gerrish's concern for Common Purpose infliltrating Plymouth with its infection is gripping watching - erm wot!

Hey china, don't shoot the messenger!! Maybe that video was slightly low production, maybe his interview on Edge tv is better!

And in this interview he lays down the gauntlet to Common Purpose to explain there activities! And as yet, no reply!

http://www.tpuc.org/node/538 , oh and btw, ever heard of Media Standards, Miss Middleton has even got herself quite high in that organization!

http://www.mediastandardstrust.org/aboutus/people.aspx

Archived