[BBC News] TV services disrupted on island

Newsbot

There is nothing wrong with the BBC! Are you saying there is something wrong with the listings of BBC1 & BBC2???

Some of todays choice BBC1 Programming:

Helicopter Heroes

Escape to the Country

Homes Under the Hammer

Cash in the Attic

Bargain Hunt

The One Show <Tonight a blokes talking about his trip to Folkstone!>

Rogue Restaurants

Accidental Heroes

Super Doctors

Oh and 3hrs of news

All for £139.40 a year, bargain

Must be a slow News day if NewsBotty is having to dredge lame ass stories like this just to get it's post quota up for the day,

Bbc sucks hairy a$$ as far as I can tell :rolleyes: It really annoys me that we have to pay for its services yet it broadcasts to the rest of the world for free :angry:

Must be a slow News day if NewsBotty is having to dredge lame ass stories like this just to get it's post quota up for the day.

How isn't this newsworthy? I'm sure you would be complaining on Saturday when your television signal went and you didn't know anything about it.

Television transmitter work which was due to take place this weekend is postponed because of bad weather.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7590458.stm

Does anyone know what the benfits will be once this work is done? Better analogue signals as well as digital? Access island wide to Freeview?

Television transmitter work which was due to take place this weekend is postponed because of bad weather.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7590458.stm

Does anyone know what the benfits will be once this work is done? Better analogue signals as well as digital? Access island wide to Freeview?

It's just preparation work for the switch to digital

On the issue of freeview does anyone on the IOM have set top boxes working? I have bought 4 of the buggers and can't get a freeview signal on any of them. I expected that with the analogue signal due to go in November we'd all be able to plug our boxes in now. So can anyone help me. Is it just certain area that don't work here, or are there only a few areas where they do work?

The local service switches over next July when the analogue is switched off and digital is switched on, there is no overlap period.

Until then no terestrial digi boxes will work unless you receive signals off Island such as around Ramsey or Peel.

I don't understand quite why they are having all these roadshows so early as anyone who buys a box now can't even test it before the guarantee runs out !

The local service switches over next July when the analogue is switched off and digital is switched on, there is no overlap period. Until then no terestrial digi boxes will work unless you receive signals off Island such as around Ramsey or Peel.

Thanks for that. I thought it was November not next July. It does seem silly to do all these roadshows as it must confuse the old folk if others are not sure what is going on. I have Sky on the main TV but having spent a fortune re-carpeting the house I don't want it all ripped up to re-cable Sky up 3 floors so I've been patiently waiting for the digi signal to come in!

Been meaning to ask this for a while now, and as this is a 'digital' thread......

Does DAB radio work over here? anyone got it? I want to listen to Radio Merseyside when the football commentary is on FM

( 1485MW is no problem on the radio ). Can't listen through the web as none of the players seem to work .

Archived