[BBC News] TV services disrupted on island

Newsbot

Does DAB radio work over here? anyone got it? I want to listen to Radio Merseyside when the football commentary is on FM

( 1485MW is no problem on the radio ). Can't listen through the web as none of the players seem to work .

DAB does work, but I don't think Radio Merseyside is on our transmitter, just the standard bbc lineup:

http://www.radio-now.co.uk/national.htm#natbeeb

Been meaning to ask this for a while now, and as this is a 'digital' thread......

Does DAB radio work over here? anyone got it? I want to listen to Radio Merseyside when the football commentary is on FM

( 1485MW is no problem on the radio ). Can't listen through the web as none of the players seem to work .

DAB radio does work here - in Douglas anyway. Only for main stations though - BBC and Classic FM.

Whilst on topic of radios - does anyone have one of those 'internet radios' that allow you to access stations worldwide from the web without using the computer? If you do could you please say whether they are a good investment?

Whilst on topic of radios - does anyone have one of those 'internet radios' that allow you to access stations worldwide from the web without using the computer? If you do could you please say whether they are a good investment?

pants

you need

A- b/b internet connection and

B- a wireless router.

you 'tune' your radio to your wireless router.

If you have A and B - you probably have speakers and a PC/Mac already - so why bother?

DAB radio does work here - in Douglas anyway. Only for main stations though - BBC and Classic FM.

Just checked - Classic FM and some others show up on the tuning options, but there is no reception. Only BBC available

Yep, use it every day, it rules. You need one with presets because there's so many streaming stations that you'd spend an age looking through em without.

Only downer is that the local stations have utterly toss feeds, pitiful low bandwidth jobs.

As for why bother/use a computer - because you dont necessarily have a computer in the same room as you want to listen to music, and it takes longer to start a computer than to turn on an internet radio.

Yep, use it every day, it rules. You need one with presets because there's so many streaming stations that you'd spend an age looking through em without.

Only downer is that the local stations have utterly toss feeds, pitiful low bandwidth jobs.

As for why bother/use a computer - because you dont necessarily have a computer in the same room as you want to listen to music, and it takes longer to start a computer than to turn on an internet radio.

Many thanks - sounds like a good investment as I would like one to pick up a number of overseas stations and not in the same room as the Mac. Not so worried about the local stations as I can use my crysal set....

Many thanks - sounds like a good investment as I would like one to pick up a number of overseas stations and not in the same room as the Mac. Not so worried about the local stations as I can use my crysal set....

Yep, exactly. Try Radio Paradise when/if you get one, superb station:

http://www.radioparadise.com/

There's also some great channels we can't get here, like BBC radio 7 for the kids 6music, XFM, Virgin, etc.

Most players will also stream your mp3 collection too. I use a upnp server so I have my xbox 360 and my soundbridge in different rooms but all hooked up to the same radio stations and music collection. The only sucky part is if you want to play it in multiple rooms, unless you buy some sort of all in one multiroom system like a Sonos, you're stuffed.

Archived