Heads Up

jimbms

Point is, why don't they say when they are going to make the decision and then get that decision on the web site as soon as it is made?

They tried that yesterday but kept changing their minds and making it a completely pointless exercise.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Point is, why don't they say when they are going to make the decision and then get that decision on the web site as soon as it is made?

They tried that yesterday but kept changing their minds and making it a completely pointless exercise.

The MGP race organisers, yesterday.

post-12034-1220087627_thumb.jpg

There's an 'urgent' message on the MGP site saying the race has been postponed until Saturday...and bugger all else saying whether it is on today or not, or indeed when a decision will be taken.

The web cam at the top of the mountain is showing thick mist.

Apart from having to listen to Manx Radio and hang of the presenters every word how does anyone find out whether it is on?

Stand in the road... if a marshal tries to move you, it's on.

Short of that, try ringing the marshal's office if leaving your radio on is too much of a chore. Or of course, you could sit in front of your PC pressing F5.

Latest announcement: racing now 1pm, weather permitting

Are they deliberately trying to really, really annoy people?

If they'd have said roads closed at 12pm earlier today, we could have gone out and done something and got back in time for roads closed, but roads closed at 11am didn't leave us with enough time.

Now it's 12pm roads closed, so just an hour from now which ain't enough time to get out and do anything and get back in time, and no guarantee they will actually close the roads and go ahead then anyway - chances are by the time everything's finally done, it'll be too late to get out and do anything.

Yeah I know we're just one little family and the MGP is this magnificent slice of wonderful Manx heritage we should all be ever so proud of, but trying to occupy a disabled child in the house all day who doesn't understand why we can't get in the car and go anywhere is taking priority at the moment.

But listening to Manx Radio is too much of a chore, I think his point was that just to hear the race updates you have to listen to all the other crap they broadcast which isn't really worth the effort.

If you couldn't work out how to switch the radio on at 11am and hear the announcement in the first 30 seconds, I suggest if you've still got the original packing, then you repack the radio and take it back to Waltons, and tell them you want your money back as you're too f@?'?ng stoopid to own one.

Latest announcement: racing now 1pm, weather permitting

Are they deliberately trying to really, really annoy people?

I think they're trying to cling on to a bad situation - fact is though, the weather clearly isn't up to it and a line needs to be drawn and everyone can move on and that should have been done at 10am yesterday.

I drove home last night, and on the TT course, and whilst seeing the Marshalls getting into position I heard on MR that it had been pulled. I did actually feel sorry for the Marshalls at that point... it's on, it's off, it's on again, oh no - it's off again. There will soon become a point in time when the Marshalls starting dwindling in numbers if they are getting messed around like this - so we'll potentially end up with a 2-week scorcher next year but not enough Marshalls!

Nobody can change the weather, not even the race organisers, but you have to be celever enough to deal with it and react to it appropriately.

But listening to Manx Radio is too much of a chore, I think his point was that just to hear the race updates you have to listen to all the other crap they broadcast which isn't really worth the effort.

If you couldn't work out how to switch the radio on at 11am and hear the announcement in the first 30 seconds, I suggest if you've still got the original packing, then you repack the radio and take it back to Waltons, and tell them you want your money back as you're too f@?'?ng stoopid to own one.

funny not too stupid to post to this forum though, maybe he has a life!

Archived