Heads Up

jimbms

Is there actually a cut-off point whereby a group of geriatric old men riding fifty year old asthmatic jalopies lose the right to be able to take the piss out of the entire population of the Isle of Man and have to officially cancel the event if they can't go ahead?

If nothing else, common bloody decency, and a modicum of respect for competitors, marshals, and Joe Public alike - demands that sooner or later you just have to say, 'OK then guys, the racing's off.'

Either run the effing races, or cancel them, but this 'Yes - No - Yes - No' for one hour at time is nothing more than an officially sanctioned practical joke in very poor taste that's being foisted on far too many people, with far too little consideration being given for normal life that still has to try and go on.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there actually a cut-off point whereby a group of geriatric old men riding fifty year old asthmatic jalopies lose the right to be able to take the piss out of the entire population of the Isle of Man and have to officially cancel the event if they can't go ahead?

If nothing else, common bloody decency, and a modicum of respect for competitors, marshals, and Joe Public alike - demands that sooner or later you just have to say, 'OK then guys, the racing's off.'

Either run the effing races, or cancel them, but this 'Yes - No - Yes - No' for one hour at time is nothing more than an officially sanctioned practical joke in very poor taste that's being foisted on far too many people, with far too little consideration being given for normal life that still has to try and go on.

I take it you're currently being head-hunted by the met office, as you obviously know something others don't.

the sad fact is that most of the individuals who moan about the road racing are people who have bought houses on the course. The TT and MGP are both very important events on the island- so yes it is a case of shut up and put up!

Are they? How do you know they live on the course? How about your talking bollocks...

Just an observation- most of the people I have spoken to in the past who do nothing but moan about the racing live on the course and then get wound up about road closures which only happen 4 weeks of the year. I wish that they would bring back the early bring back the early morning practices........

Just an observation- most of the people I have spoken to in the past who do nothing but moan about the racing live on the course and then get wound up about road closures which only happen 4 weeks of the year. I wish that they would bring back the early...I say... bring back the early morning practices........

Fixed your post, you were nearly sounding a bit Foghorn Leghorn, or Fred Elliott there! :lol:

the sad fact is that most of the individuals who moan about the road racing are people who have bought houses on the course. The TT and MGP are both very important events on the island- so yes it is a case of shut up and put up!

What a load of old rubbish!!!

How would you ever know that?

What about those that work in Douglas but don't live in Douglas?

For the record, I don't live on the course - but I'm fed up of the yes/no game that they've been playing. I do actually enjoy the TT, there seems to be much more of a buzz to it - but this MGP is a waste of time.

And what's interesting?

That some wanker can't tolerate a point of view that doesn't fit in with his and threatens

Yeah, but as I've clocked your IP addy and Home address, I think a few of us will be round later for a cuppa matey

Cunt.

That some wanker can't tolerate a point of view that doesn't fit in with his and threatens
Yeah, but as I've clocked your IP addy and Home address, I think a few of us will be round later for a cuppa matey

If it were me I'd go further - I would have thought making threats of acts of violence whilst stating that you know the posters IP address and home is actually actionable.

Just an observation- most of the people I have spoken to in the past who do nothing but moan about the racing live on the course and then get wound up about road closures which only happen 4 weeks of the year. I wish that they would bring back the early bring back the early morning practices........

Utter rot.

If it were me I'd go further - I would have thought making threats of acts of violence whilst stating that you know the posters IP address and home is actually actionable.

Where exactly do you see a threat of violence ???

Inviting ones self around for a cuppa and a chat - hardly counts as a threat of Violence!

The reply I gave was a joke and wind up, and given in direct reply to the threat given to all those involved in the TT and MGP i.e. - "F**k Off back to the UK or wherever"

lmao - for the director of an IT firm, leaving your full name on that website along with the village you live in isn't exactly bright is it? At least the police won't have to perform your surprisingly-easy-these-days "IP voodoo" to track you down should the person decide to make a complaint.

Archived