Heads Up

jimbms

You're making a lot of assumptions about people you don't know, Stuart. For a change.

Right then what is the the impact of the TT + MGP on the average member of Office Staff working in the finance sector (excluding anyone who happens to have family or close friends racing)??

OK maybe a slight delay in getting too and from home, perhaps a slight restriction on mobility in other areas (that is if many of them decide to go out instead of following their usual routine of sitting on their arses watching TV). Oh and most of them get an extra paid day off (or more than one).

Compared to:-

The Organisers

Marshals

Voluntary Services (eg Phil Hogg, St John, Red Cross)

Cubs, Scouts + Leaders on the Scoreboard

Fire Brigade

Ambulance Staff

Hospital Workers

Inflight + Airmed

Police

Coroner

Courts Staff

Counselling services + Bereavement Support Groups (et al)

Public Transport

Relatives + Close friends of the riders.

Now tell me that the finance sector workers are more affected by the TT than any other group. Like I say, Finance Sector workers don't know Sh1t.

Like I said, you're making a lot of assumptions about people you don't know, Stuart. For a change.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh and most of them get an extra paid day off (or more than one).

So your general antipathy for finance sector workers is your mistaken belief that they have had an extra day off (maybe more than one) than you? What a complete narrow minded dickhead you appear to be.

About 60% of GDP is generated from the finance sector. You might relish the day when were all back to cycling sweaty-arsed around town grovelling for spuds but most of us actually enjoy the lifestyle the finance sector has been able to generate by keeping taxes low and services and amenities good. Its the sort of revenue the MGP probably generates every 100 years.

For the record I don't know of anyone who had a day off last week and if they did they probably earned it!

And I was speaking from personal experience having worked in the finance sector, and having moved to other sectors affected far more from the TT + MGP.

Now tell me that the finance sector workers are more affected by the TT than any other group. Like I say, Finance Sector workers don't know Sh1t.

You quote me and I've never worked in the finance industry.

BTW I live in Douglas, walk or cycle to work everyday, and on the wednesday that caused the problems was home in 15 minutes as normal whilst the roads were gridlocked. I still think the MGP and road closures are wank though.

Like I say, Finance Sector workers don't know Sh1t.

What an utterly spastificated generalisation.

I presume that's relating specifically to the issue of MGP/traffic delays etc, or are you suggesting that every single person who works in the finance sector knows nothing about anything in general?

Either way, it's a cock of a thing to claim.

What an utterly spasticated reply which shows a lack of comprehension of simple English.

What I am saying that when it comes to impact on everyday lives from the TT + MGP, including working lives within that, then the Finance Sector is the least affected by the TT + MGP. Compared to the other groups the amount of inconvenience and the change in normal Daily patterns that the Finance Sector has to endure in TT + MGP is so insignificant as to warrent the phrase that they "Don't know sh1T".

Or are you telling me that the average finance sector bod is somehow more inconvenienced than Marshals who get injured in the race, or Emergecy service personnel + Hospital staff who may have to deal with a major trauma + have a greatly increased workload + a compromised response time, or the families of racers who may loose a relative, or beareavement + Counselling services who may have to support the above groups.

When you look at it like that even you have to admit that the impact of less than 1 hour upon a car journey (which is in part due to the innaction of the user of that car and their refusal to use alternative forms of transport) is so insignificant as to hardly be worth any mention.

Oh and most of them get an extra paid day off (or more than one).

So your general antipathy for finance sector workers is your mistaken belief that they have had an extra day off (maybe more than one) than you? What a complete narrow minded dickhead you appear to be.

About 60% of GDP is generated from the finance sector. You might relish the day when were all back to cycling sweaty-arsed around town grovelling for spuds but most of us actually enjoy the lifestyle the finance sector has been able to generate by keeping taxes low and services and amenities good. Its the sort of revenue the MGP probably generates every 100 years.

For the record I don't know of anyone who had a day off last week and if they did they probably earned it!

No not at all, I couldn't give a damn as to whether finance sector workers get an extra day off. It is however one part of TT which works in their favour, not against them. So when they're whinging about how the TT + MGP has ever so slightly delayed them on their way home, they might stop to consider that they've got one less day they have to bother going to work out of the bargain. Why can't you comprehend that?

You're making a lot of assumptions about people you don't know, Stuart. For a change.

Right then what is the the impact of the TT + MGP on the average member of Office Staff working in the finance sector (excluding anyone who happens to have family or close friends racing)??

OK maybe a slight delay in getting too and from home, perhaps a slight restriction on mobility in other areas (that is if many of them decide to go out instead of following their usual routine of sitting on their arses watching TV). Oh and most of them get an extra paid day off (or more than one).

Compared to:-

The Organisers

Marshals

Voluntary Services (eg Phil Hogg, St John, Red Cross)

Cubs, Scouts + Leaders on the Scoreboard

Fire Brigade

Ambulance Staff

Hospital Workers

Inflight + Airmed

Police

Coroner

Courts Staff

Counselling services + Bereavement Support Groups (et al)

Public Transport

Relatives + Close friends of the riders.

Like I said, you're making a lot of assumptions about people you don't know, Stuart. For a change.

Instead of repeating that comment, perhaps you could have put your posting space to better use by offering explanations by how any finance sector staff are more affected by the TT + MGP than the singled out groups. Why haven't you? Simple, because you can't.

When you look at it like that even you have to admit that the impact of less than 1 hour upon a car journey (which is in part due to the innaction of the user of that car and their refusal to use alternative forms of transport) is so insignificant as to hardly be worth any mention.

My objection to it isn't based on the personal inconvenience, but the inconvenience and cost applied to the working populatoin as a whole.

Keeping, 15,000 people stuck in their cars for an hour while 1,000 people take in a race seems to be a waste of time all round.

And if you assume the average car burns 5p a min when idling then the collective cost to those delayed in traffic could have been as much as £45,000. Not insignificant in cash or fuel waste terms.

Instead of repeating that comment, perhaps you could have put your posting space to better use by offering explanations by how any finance sector staff are more affected by the TT + MGP than the singled out groups. Why haven't you? Simple, because you can't.

FFS, because I think making assumptions about people I don't know is pointless. Plus, it's a pointless exercise. You're grouping "finance sector staff" vs "others" in some sort of battle that only exists in your head. I could take a guess that fishermen based in Pt St Mary couldn't give a shit for example, but what's the point? Instead of banging on about it, why don't you consider that you're actually posting a load of irrelevant shit on the internet again?

Plus, you really can't accuse people of

a lack of comprehension of simple English
in the same thread where you posted
here here

Plus, you really can't accuse people of
a lack of comprehension of simple English
in the same thread where you posted
here here

Wear? Wear?

Their! Their!

Allow the buffoon his rant about hating the finance sector. He obviously doesn't use banks or anything. He cycles with a basket of eggs on the front of his upright bicycle and pedals to the old spinster down the road to trade the eggs in for his socks darned and some animal fat soap, then trades the soap for coal, the coal for cheese and then swaps the cheese at Faegins Internet Cafe for 10mins so he can burp up some drivel on MF.

Like I say, Finance Sector workers don't know Sh1t.

What an utterly spastificated generalisation.

I presume that's relating specifically to the issue of MGP/traffic delays etc, or are you suggesting that every single person who works in the finance sector knows nothing about anything in general?

Either way, it's a cock of a thing to claim.

What an utterly spasticated reply which shows a lack of comprehension of simple English.

What I am saying that when it comes to impact on everyday lives from the TT + MGP, including working lives within that, then the Finance Sector is the least affected by the TT + MGP. Compared to the other groups the amount of inconvenience and the change in normal Daily patterns that the Finance Sector has to endure in TT + MGP is so insignificant as to warrent the phrase that they "Don't know sh1T".

It appears then that perhaps you are the one with a poor grasp of the English language, as the choice of phrase for the given context is absurd at best. It doesn't make sense.

Why does the level of knowledge (ie "don't know shit") of a finance worker have a direct correlation to inconvenience which may or may not have been incurred?

It doesn't - so for you to therefore use the sweeping generalisation that finance sector workers "don't know shit" is not just needlessly offensive, it's also just plain incorrect. And just pretty jobby & naff really.

Or are you telling me that the average finance sector bod is somehow more inconvenienced than Marshals who get injured in the race, or Emergecy service personnel + Hospital staff who may have to deal with a major trauma + have a greatly increased workload + a compromised response time, or the families of racers who may loose a relative, or beareavement + Counselling services who may have to support the above groups.

No, can you tell me where I may have implied that? I can't see that anywhere. I haven't even commented on the differing levels of inconvenience to people in different sectors of employment. Remotely.

The only post I made in response to your general insults, was along the lines that they are uncalled for, incorrect, and just plain obnoxious. How in Feck's name do you manage to reach the bizarre conclusion that somehow in doing so I've suggested what you're asking above? That's like a year's worth of Chinese whispers purely on you reading an original comment. It's deluded.

I don't care about a slight delay once in a blue moon really, I've got much more important things to worry about. I was simply pointing out how annoyingly arrogant you were being, and how you're belittling a huge group of people based on an argument that - as Mr Sausages has very well pointed out - only really exists in your head.

Aside from anything else have you stopped to consider the number of people in the finance sector who are actually involved with the emergency services & the races etc? I doubt it, yet your generic insults are in those cases being aimed at the very people you are bleating about.

You're a great big silly.

Rush hour is pretty bad, by local standards, everyday.

I wonder how many of the whingers on this thread were sat on their own in their bug flash cars? Looking out of the office window just now at the long line of static traffic I would say 9 out of ten cars are single occupancy.

Maybe a congestion charge of £5 for no passenger carrying cars would solve all our traffic and parking problems in one fell swoop.

Rush hour is pretty bad, by local standards, everyday.

I wonder how many of the whingers on this thread were sat on their own in their bug flash cars? Looking out of the office window just now at the long line of static traffic I would say 9 out of ten cars are single occupancy.

Maybe a congestion charge of £5 for no passenger carrying cars would solve all our traffic and parking problems in one fell swoop.

So how do you differentiate between the mobile engineer who travels alone or the person who on a regular basis has a pssenger who just happens to be ill that day etc, that type of scheme is unworkable unless you do it by a permit system

Archived