Heads Up

jimbms

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I support these type of events, this is a PR disaster of the highest order!! Mr Taubman should be ashamed of himself....

I doubt he is - he just wants races, with clearly little thought for anyone else.

So what is he doing now, having a nice lunch somewhere... can't we have the announcement at 2pm or something, at least gives us chance to know what we all need to do re. plans for the rest of the day.

I mean - a 4pm announcement for a 6pm race now, like I've said - those with kids etc need to make plans.

Can't they just stick with the plan and run them tomorrow.

It's not great is it but if they get the chance to get at least one of the races out of the way tonight, I think they should take it.

I think there is a point at which a decision has to be made, and I that was about 10 o clock this morning and then everyone knows. If the idea is to cause a little inconvenience/chaos as possible then this idea works.

However, if the idea is to say "sod it", and have no thought for other people and not care about inconvenience caused to people then you do what they're doing today - make one decision in the morning to shut people up, and then reverse it by teatime!

Energy FM are saying it's a 6pm start... what time then would the roads close - 5:15pm?

And they're waiting 4pm to announce this are they... crazy.

So, it MAY go ahead; they're CONSIDERING a 6pm start; further info SHOULD be available at 4pm.

If anyone running the Grand Prix is available to set in and clear up the confusion that's already begun (the confusion that we were promised yesterday that wouldn't happen!) then please feel free to step in at any time, though that is going to involve taking charge of the relevant braincell and making some sort of considered decision.

The same marshall has just been phoned to say roads closing at 6pm and racing starting at 6:45

Oh okay then, perhaps someone should tell the media guys - because they're saying different.

Communication - this MGP lot don't know the meaning of the word. So we've gone from "the racing might be on", to "they're cancelled for the day" to "they might be on again" to a start time of either "6pm" or "6:45pm"... great!

lol, doesn't effect me, I live up past the Terrace, I just enjoy these idiots screwing up and laughing at them. I think its been organised like this on purpose. Like the rumours they want to get rid of the TT, what better way to get rid of the Grand Prix other than give it to someone inept to scrwe up royally so the manx populace turn against it, voila next years cancelled. It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

What a bunch of slobbering cunts you all are.What is so important to get home to?Eastenders?the pub?Which one of you has something desperate you have to go to tonight?

Erm, nothing to do with getting in front of the telly - it's just knowing what to do with kids etc. Anyway, you're clearly in no position to help or offer advice, but welcome to the debate anyway.

I've been flexible for a fortnight; got caught out on Wednesday; looked for some advice yesterday and made plans for the kids for tonight; undone those plans as the races were most definitely cancelled; looks like they're back on so I'm now stuck again.

Archived