Heads Up

jimbms

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why don't they use nobles park to build a fuck off great big scalextric 40 slot wide TT course on which they could hold a mini Manx Grand Prix?

All problems solved.

No weather delay, no untimely deaths, no age restrictions, minimised noise pollution, no need for helicopters, no alienating all the commuting public and still a load of bikers no-one's ever heard of could have a good time.

I got stuck in the chaos of Wednesday and it fucked me right off. Had to postpone a meeting to the following morning. grrrr. :angry:

Could put up with it once a year during TT, but twice??

lol, doesn't effect me, I live up past the Terrace, I just enjoy these idiots screwing up and laughing at them. I think its been organised like this on purpose. Like the rumours they want to get rid of the TT, what better way to get rid of the Grand Prix other than give it to someone inept to scrwe up royally so the manx populace turn against it, voila next years cancelled. It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

eries Two, Episode Six:

Reggie is fed up with the success of Grot and has started to try to destroy it, by employing unsuitable people in key

roles. All are assembled in the board room for a meeting. Present are Elizabeth, C.J., David, Tony, Jimmy, Tom, Doc Morrissey and an Irish labourer called Seamus Finnegan, who turns out to be the cleverest of the lot.

How receptive would people be to extending TT week by an day or two and racing the MGP races on those days and the non TT race days? All the pain in one go then.

Good idea. Have all the pomp and ceremony and still fit it into 2 weeks.

How receptive would people be to extending TT week by an day or two and racing the MGP races on those days and the non TT race days? All the pain in one go then.

Seconded, great idea.

Seconded, great idea.

That would make sense - at least you'd know that it really is just 2 weeks of the year, and sure it would be easier to work around. Also with TT, we get 2 Bank Holiday days in that fortnight - so it actually boils down to just 8 working days.

A better idea would be to put all you anti-racing mincing minnies on a ship - and send it to Liverpool sink it for an artifical reef. The TT etc. has been going over a hundred years, you should have got used to it by now, especially the associated limitations of running it on a small island with variable weather.

'Ooooh! a whole hour wasted, whatever will I do?'. Go to England driving and half of you complainers would come back in a box.

A better idea would be to put all you anti-racing mincing minnies on a ship - and send it to Liverpool sink it for an artifical reef. The TT etc. has been going over a hundred years, you should have got used to it by now, especially the associated limitations of running it on a small island with variable weather.

Ah, the old "get used to it" argument - I wondered how long that take to surface.

I think its fair to say it is part of life on the Island, of course it is. But it's the general organisation that is being called to question here. You can't say that there's anything right about what's happened this week. Wednesday was a rough day, but it is now confined to history - and it was hoped the chaos wouldn't be repeated. We were advised to "be prepared" for today, and I think most were and had plans made - and then we're told races are cancelled, and then our plans change. BUT now, it seems they'll be back on - but with possibly a fair few people still under the impression that they're still cancelled because that's what they were told earlier in the day.

I don't think people are necessarily "anti-racing mincing minnies" - that just a pit p*#*ed off with how its organised.

If you're going to race, race.

If you're not, don't.

If you cancel it, cancel it.

But don't cancel it, then change your mind - and hope everyone will celebrate "racing on the Isle of Man". I'm staggered that these organisers feel they own the place and get shi##y with people that complain.

The fact is - those that have to live though this HAVE been messed around today. We can make allowances and plan ahead, but if you're at work and you assume the races are cancelled (because organisers tell you) and then you find out at 4pm that they're back on then you are potentially going to have problems - whether you're a fan or not.

Ah, the old "get used to it" argument - I wondered how long that take to surface...

It's the weather. Do you really think people would want to cause this chaos deliberately?

There's nothing wrong with the old 'get used to it' argument, it's the same as the old 'when in Rome' argument - you'd have sharia law in the UK by now if the same 'get used to it' argument wasn't used there sometimes.

Archived