[BBC News] Lifeboat search for man in water

Newsbot

We don't know the circumstances, he might have had a very tough decision to make. Either hedge his bets that the Ben My Chree would be sailing in the morning or to have a go at getting to the mainland himself, I figure that swimming probably put the odds in his favour. He probably got human's version of gearbox failure, cramp so he did an emergency docking on the shore.

We don't know the circumstances, he might have had a very tough decision to make. Either hedge his bets that the Ben My Chree would be sailing in the morning or to have a go at getting to the mainland himself, I figure that swimming probably put the odds in his favour. He probably got human's version of gearbox failure, cramp so he did an emergency docking on the shore.

Let's hope he has to pay a fool surcharge.

Mainland? What's that, yessir?

"The Coastguard said the search was stood down at 0415 BST when the man was located on the shore, he was taken to Nobles Hospital suffering from multiple size 11 Coastguard issue boot marks to the head chest and groin."

Would have been a much more enjoyable end to the article.

Archived