[BBC News] Rider facilities 'to be improved'

Newsbot

I suppose you could say about time, better late than never.

How about the appalling state of the paddock field near the Hailwood centre when it rains? Wheeling racing machines through deep mud is not very nice, and the rally service area becomes a mess also, it gives the events a sort of crappy couldnt give a damn look.

The area, if tarmac was laid down, could be used for various functions all year round. It is it is useless as a playing field or otherwise. Preparing of bikes and rally cars causing bolts, spark plugs, locking wire etc to be lost in the mud could cause serious injury. I've never seen it used for anything other than the TT and Rally and I pass there 3-4 times a day every day. It's a chance to have a versatile low cost facility which could be made available to local organisations all year round!

I suppose you could say about time, better late than never.

How about the appalling state of the paddock field near the Hailwood centre when it rains? Wheeling racing machines through deep mud is not very nice, and the rally service area becomes a mess also, it gives the events a sort of crappy couldnt give a damn look.

The area, if tarmac was laid down, could be used for various functions all year round. It is it is useless as a playing field or otherwise. Preparing of bikes and rally cars causing bolts, spark plugs, locking wire etc to be lost in the mud could cause serious injury. I've never seen it used for anything other than the TT and Rally and I pass there 3-4 times a day every day. It's a chance to have a versatile low cost facility which could be made available to local organisations all year round!

Don't tarmac it, wont last too long with fuel and other stuff being tipped onto it. Bite the bullet and concrete the whole area. I did think they could use that plastic or concrete grid system which allows the grass to grow through, but I don't know how long it would last with all the artics going on to the area.

As for the poor qulaity of the toiles and showers that the Corporation can't seem to maintain to a high standard, they should get Peel Commissioners in to look after them - just go and have a look at how clean they keep their showers and toilets at the Peel Town Campsite.

I understood the paddock actually belonged to the Rugby club. One would think that they would not be too impressed with the suggestion that it should be tarmaced.

No it doesn't,they are tennants of the hailwood centre.

Feckign Egg chasers, I thought they were hard, now a cocnrete pitch, THAT would be hard.

I am just waiting for an extension to the hailwood cenre to be announced, 8 shower block, that'll be 5 million pounds please.

Archived