[BBC News] Report into Manx Grand Prix jam

Newsbot

Complete waste of time.

One traffic jam a year doesn't justify any time or expenditure spent on post-mortems or preventive measures.

It's not just the one day that is the issue - As I mentioned earlier it was the whole yes/no/maybe attitude to road closures at this years MGP that was the real problem.

A lot of flack has been sent in the direction of the organisers, who, to be fair probably tried their best but were soundly beaten by the crap weather that refused to behave in the way forecast. I've seen lots of moans about the disruption on this and other forums. I've also had the discussions about the hassle caused with people at work and in the pub.

Say it costs £50,000 for a report to be done - that's certainly a fairly big chunk of dosh to most of us, but in the context of overall government spending per annum it's nothing.

I don't see any problem with them doing an official enquiry into the events and (hopefully) making recommendations to make sure that in future it might be handled better eg - as some have suggested here by putting Mr Plod on traffic control.

It would certainly have more weight behind it than all of us just posting views here and elsewhere.

Archived