10th September 2008

When Skies Are Grey

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard on the radio that there was a 'small flash' at CERN - is Swizerland still there??????

So far only the 't' has disappeared - the rest of wizland seems to still be there.

Worst case scenario is that it will take four years from the start of a mini black hole for it to absorb the earth.

By my calculations, around Christmas this will mean no 'L' in Switzerland.

Give it a chance! Its only just been switched on! The fun is more likely to begin when "Eventually, two proton beams will be steered in opposite directions around the LHC at close to the speed of light, completing about 11,000 laps each second. At allotted points around the tunnel, the beams will cross paths, smashing together near four massive "detectors" that monitor the collisions for interesting events." BBC LINK

Don't you just love the idea that they're looking for 'interesting events?' :o

Just heard on the radio that there was a 'small flash' at CERN - is Swizerland still there??????

So far only the 't' has disappeared - the rest of wizland seems to still be there.

I'd be more worried about Peel.

No need to worry about Peel. They're quite fond of a bit of flashing out there (allegedly).

No need to worry about Peel. They're quite fond of a bit of flashing out there (allegedly).

Not worried about the people who will be in Pee, but the people going to Pee ("Can you tell me the way to Pee?").

It could also be awkward for Iverpoo.

Archived