Andy Kershaw Update

bluemonday

Presumably the lack of serious crime was a factor in his moving here to live

No surprise then, to find that: "The police have nothing better to do" than to enforce court orders made against him

I have supported him in the past as have many Manx people, but he has pissed on his chips with this article

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joy Division Oven Gloves - one of the finest tunes ever made, contaning one of the best lines ever written - "ooooh ooh, picallilli shinpads".

Magic.

One for Tango

I've already sullied and defiled his Facebook with a link to this quality tune by one of the most underrated musicians, Nigel Blackwell, around.

Bring on the Trumpets!

If he's short of dosh with a story to tell he finds a sympathetic hack and it's "ker-ching" time. Fair play and if he embellishes the story for the sympathy vote and to get others to loosen their wallets in a similar fashion then who can blame him?

Sure he's got an illness. And lets face it his ex hasn't exactly helped things along has she? It's a small place and her moving in with new bloke just down the road from him wasn't exactly the smartest thing to do as it was bound to antagonise and anyone who thinks otherwise should be applying for the judiciary. Of course, the real losers in all of this are his kids. When they ask "Mummy, where's daddy gone?" I wonder if she replies "My behaviour exacerbated an illness he has so I had him thrown into jail".

There's two sides to every story like this...

"Sitting in a pub garden, drinking pints of bitter"

Pretty much sums it up. Not that doing such a thing is to be frowned upon - but this is the opening line to the article. Despite the generally neutral stance, the heart of the issue wasn't lost on the journalist who could have left it at a 'pint' instead of the plural.

Like two pints for example?

Dear me, some are so quick to condemn on just about anything they can pick up on...

Well possibly. But he seems to be attempting to put himself across as a caring dad prevented from seeing his kids by a tag-team of his ex, the Peel coppers and the judiciary (M Moyle).

As I recall the last time he came out of chokey he did see his kids - but was on a 3 day pissup at the time, not pleasant for the littl'uns - and topped off the weekend by further abusive "I'm the hardest man in the Isle of Man" messages to the ex, resulting in another court appearance and subsequent voluntary exile.

Doesn't add up.

What does add up in the mind of an alcoholic other than getting his next drink? Unfortunately the lesson that locking someone like him up achieves the square root of naff-all will no doubt never even be considered. Shameful.

What does add up in the mind of an alcoholic other than getting his next drink? Unfortunately the lesson that locking someone like him up achieves the square root of naff-all will no doubt never even be considered. Shameful.

He wasn't locked up because he is an alcoholic. He was locked up because he broke the law.

His problems are exacerbated because he is an alcoholic, but then again loads of other people are alcoholics. Some break the law, some don't - those that do are judged accordingly same as anyone else. Why does Kershaw feel he should be treated any differently? He had plenty of warnings.

He needs professional help, not a jail sentence which no doubt just added to the bitterness.

Of course, the real losers in all of this are his kids. When they ask "Mummy, where's daddy gone?" I wonder if she replies "My behaviour exacerbated an illness he has so I had him thrown into jail".

He needs professional help, not a jail sentence which no doubt just added to the bitterness.

Of course, the real losers in all of this are his kids. When they ask "Mummy, where's daddy gone?" I wonder if she replies "My behaviour exacerbated an illness he has so I had him thrown into jail".

Maybe you should ask his kids and Liz before commenting further?

There's definitely two sides to every story like you said, listen to hers and you might have a different opinion. (Not my place to speak further). If you believe Andy completely, then that's fine and who am I to argue with you?

As for Andy, prison was probably the best and the worst for him. He wasn't able to drink and one hoped that he could have addressed his problems, instead of condemning everyone else but himself. Is that a sign of a person who has alcohol problems? I can't say as I'm unqualified to give a valued opinion, but I do hope that he seeks help and tackles his problems one at a time.

At the end of the day, you are right to think of the kids and in my opinion, they're better off without him for the moment. Whether that changes, then that's up to him and maybe once he's sorted his problems out, some discussion through certain agencies, may be explored later?

Maybe you should ask his kids and Liz before commenting further?

There's definitely two sides to every story like you said, listen to hers and you might have a different opinion. (Not my place to speak further). If you believe Andy completely, then that's fine and who am I to argue with you?

As for Andy, prison was probably the best and the worst for him. He wasn't able to drink and one hoped that he could have addressed his problems, instead of condemning everyone else but himself. Is that a sign of a person who has alcohol problems? I can't say as I'm unqualified to give a valued opinion, but I do hope that he seeks help and tackles his problems one at a time.

At the end of the day, you are right to think of the kids and in my opinion, they're better off without him for the moment. Whether that changes, then that's up to him and maybe once he's sorted his problems out, some discussion through certain agencies, may be explored later?

Well looks like we are going to be having the pleasure of his company again ...very soon!

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=25228

Last week, he told a UK newspaper he was living on the run and sleeping rough with friends trying to avoid police.

He sounds as if he's still very mentally unbalanced and needs help. (Mixed with some attention and publicity seeking). Maybe it is a touch of narcissism mixed with the paranoia in the idea of his being important enough for a full scale gestapo-style manhunt by the IoM constabulary.

Next time he has to appear in court, hopefully they will order he undergo a psychiatric assessment.

Archived