Andy Kershaw Update

bluemonday

PK, she did not 'move in nearby' to Kershaw with a bloke. She returned to a second home they already owned. On her own. Yes, it was round the corner - this meant that Kershaw could see his children at the drop of a hat, as often as possible. But for months after his partner left him, he preferred to ricochet around the pubs in Peel while pursuing (aka being a downright nuisance to) half a dozen other women.

That's a fair shout, I didn't know that.

Aye, well, fair enough, that's because only one side of the story has been heard, and it's a very unreliable one.

Yes, it was only her opinion that the kids were becoming emotionally damaged but, with her former partner appearing constantly pissed, aggressive and abusive, who else's opinion should she have deferred to? A kangaroo court of strangers on a forum? And how long should she have waited? There's a lot of sanctimonious bullshit flying around about what might be the 'right thing' for the children but if a mother believes that her kids' emotional welfare is increasingly at risk, then surely she would be negligent not to take action. Not once did she act selfishly or out of spite.

No one is, can, or should be taking sides, simply because we don't know all of the details.

My concern was a general concern that not all available avenues of help appear to have been made available to both sides, and that simply following the mechanistic route of repetitively locking someone up solves nothing. If some of that help has to be provided via an order to seek it, then so be it.

Both of their children will be grown up one day, and as big as the details of the rights and wrongs appear now to those concerned, over time they will diminish, but mum will always be mum and dad will always be dad.

The target should be access on both sides, even if for the meantime some of that has to be on a supervised/third party basis until that help has worked and things settle down to the 'new routine'.

After a divorce/separation IMO parents have a duty to their children to first stabalise this new routine, before 'uncle Fred', and aunty 'Sharon' are brought into the scene. The reality is often very different though, and many parents are selfish barstards putting their own happiness first, often at the expense of very confused and emotionally hurt children.

Look, I am sorrry to have to say this but I'm fed up of this "one side of the story" business

Are most people in Peel actually aware of why Kershaw left London in April 06, in rather unseemly haste?

Hate to break it you - but it wasn’t for the clean air, good schools and all round quality of life.

I have an old college chum whose now a producer at Broadcasting House in London.

Apparantly, it's an open secret in the Beeb that his private life had become so "complicated" that,

rather than stick it out in London, it was just easier for him to take to the hills and start somewhere new.

(Somewhere where he wouldn’t run the risk of women turning up on his doorstep in tears, if you understand).

If people knew half of what he has got up to over the years, then they would be 100% behind Juliette.

Perhaps it's this Catherine Turner woman who deserves our pity, now he seems to have focused his attention on her.

As stated before, there's two sides to every story.

As for Andy, sort your drinking problem out and then begin parental talks through other agencies, but not before. Its up to you <_<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My concern was a general concern that not all available avenues of help appear to have been made available to both sides, and that simply following the mechanistic route of repetitively locking someone up solves nothing. If some of that help has to be provided via an order to seek it, then so be it.

You're right here of course, but no form of counselling or therapy can be effective without the will of the counselee (is that a word? It is now.) for it to succeed. It's like the old joke - a psychiatrist can't change a lightbulb unless the bulb wants to change.

How effective any court order would be / would have been I don't know. I suspect not very.

So, he liked to play around! What's wrong with that ? At least I'm sure he checked he wasn't related to them. Living in this goldfish bowl didn't help.

In London nobody would have given two hoots about him, so he wasn't chased out. God knows why he likes the Island or why he chose Peel to live in, but I have more disrespect for him because of his choice of abode than I do because of his behaviour. Anyway, half the young men on this island seem to be alcoholics and most have no talent for anything.

A woman scorned and all that. He did manage forty odd years without a tarnished reputation and without a criminal record.

Better of out of this place mate and away from your ex.

So, he liked to play around! What's wrong with that ? At least I'm sure he checked he wasn't related to them. Living in this goldfish bowl didn't help.

In London nobody would have given two hoots about him, so he wasn't chased out. God knows why he likes the Island or why he chose Peel to live in, but I have more disrespect for him because of his choice of abode than I do because of his behaviour. Anyway, half the young men on this island seem to be alcoholics and most have no talent for anything.

A woman scorned and all that. He did manage forty odd years without a tarnished reputation and without a criminal record.

People with a modicum of ability and a huge ego often make their way to small places, expecting to be greeted with messianic adoration. When they're not, they tend to begin blaming the rest of the population for problems of their own making and condemning the very 'smallness' that they thought would work in their favour.

Oh, yes.... and Mr Kershaw seemed to have a similar problem.

You are Salford and I claim my £5

It that the Catherine Turner ex-FSC who did time for assault? Nice Darwinian pairing!

...well that's a fair comment, I suppose, and having done wrong I have to take the brickbats. I've worked hard since to try and get things back on track, though.

And it is true to say that it was three main commonalities -

- having done bad stuff and spent time in prison,due in part to (but not excusable because of) booze and poor judgement,

- having your sins trotted out in the press (and being sneered at by people who read a few column inches and think they know all about you), and

- having been thru a painful relationship breakdown

that made me get in touch with him. So again, you're right, I suppose. Well done you.

It that the Catherine Turner ex-FSC who did time for assault? Nice Darwinian pairing!

...well that's a fair comment, I suppose, and having done wrong I have to take the brickbats. I've worked hard since to try and get things back on track, though.

- having done bad stuff and spent time in prison,due in part to (but not excusable because of) booze and poor judgement,

- having your sins trotted out in the press (and being sneered at by people who read a few column inches and think they know all about you), and

that made me get in touch with him. So again, you're right, I suppose. Well done you.

I feel for you. I hate it when they report crimes in the press. Still at least you've managed to move on and the press have left you alone as there's nothing worse than having your life in print - so undignified and intrusive when they do that and all you want is some privacy... oh ooh... Well done you.

I feel for you. I hate it when they report crimes in the press. Still at least you've managed to move on and the press have left you alone as there's nothing worse than having your life in print - so undignified and intrusive when they do that and all you want is some privacy... oh ooh... Well done you.

...nah, yer right, it did sound a bit self-serving. Express delivery of scorn duly received and signed for!

Oh my god I can't even be bothered reading about him and I would have told him to fuck off if he was the father of my kids, he keeps comparing himself to other radio 1 djs but I hate to tell him erm he's not chris moyles or scott mills!!!

no, he's got better tastes in music! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Archived