Tv Problems

Lee54

just to add that you could be getting interference from mobile phone transmitters if you are near to one (or the aerial is pointing towards it), the frequency is not too far off the tv signals and your equipment may be being overloaded by it or not selective enough to reject the offending signal.

Your reference to the hotels on the prom would rule out a height aspect of receiving strong mainland signals, and also would imply an amplified system to feed around the hotel. I would still tend to suspect overload of an amplifier somewhere affecting things, you don't say if you have tried the aerial direct to just one tv to rule out everything else.

a lot of people around seem to have read a couple of catalogues and think they know all about it and waffle when they aren't sure, the downfall will be when they do what they advise and it makes no difference !

The other route is to contact OFCOM with an 'interference to tv reception' complaint and they can investigate and advise a cure, it may only need a simple filter in the system to cure it.

Just tried that and its still the same on bbc,itv and 4 heavy black lines in the picture, I also trust the engineer I use, may I add its only just started over the past week never had any probs before. No mobile masts near

ok, there will probably be a website somewhere with a schedule of new transmitters and something may coincide with that to determine it, are you receiving Carnane or Winter Hill ?

are the black lines vertical or horizontal ?, steady or drifting across/up/down the screen ?

how wide ? can you see any other picture shapes

Steady heavy horizontal with poor background picture.

Just had a call from a neighbor who has contacted UK and has been told that digital testing has been ongoing on the IOM for the past week and that some viewers mays have slight problems, but not known problems.

Winterhill I think

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_a...n=show_all.html

Finally got an answer to the problem today. Because of the strength of the Digital reception here at the moment and the fact we have the wrong Ariel and poor weather conditions, we are only able to pick up interference. New Ariel being fitted free of charge next week.

Archived