Stu Peters Takes Over Talking Heads

GD4ELI

Now that Dan-Dan the D.J. man has moved over to the dark side MR's very own Rock takes over at lunchtime.

To help him get started I suggest he looks at:

• More flights from London City (please)
  • Rotten / overpriced facilities at the airport - security crammed into the smalled possible shoebox and the extortionate price of the coffee

Any other suggestions to keep Stu busy?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a good idea for a thread! The more ideas the merrier, so keep them coming, or PM/email them to me.

And PLEASE - let's have some forum members and new voices on air for the TH phone-ins - starting Monday week.

It was the end of an error this morning. I won't miss the early starts (or the early nights that need to precede them), but WILL miss working as part of a great newsroom team - despite them hijacking the end of my last Mandate today. Quite appropriate really:

FarewellLQ.mp3

To shift it in a slightly different direction, instead of just interviewing the executives etc, how about featuring ordinary people who are willing to talk about their jobs?

Suggestions would be people such as a traffic warden, a Macmillan nurse, a street cleaner and so on.

It was the end of an error this morning.

* Teaching kids about grammar and stuff and...

Methinks you missed what I did there...

You mean I'm more stupid than I think I am ... !

I think that Stu will pick up a thousand and one things from the contributions to the site.

But just to add to the growing list:

• like Lonan 3's idea of talking to ordinary people in jobs that effect many of us
    • TVLA - how it approaches its work, the types of communication it issues and its actual right of entry into people's homes
    • Where to get a good cappucino or any good coffee on the island
    • Standards of service in private and public sector - some excellent, some appalling
    • Magic roundabouts and traffic flow
    • Whether prices on the Island are a genuine reflection of higher costs here or a rip-off
    • How other tourist boards would promote the Island if given the chance
    • How appointments are made to jobs such as Chairman of Manx Post
    • What impact the UK recession will have on Island life

Although his style is not like the great Mr Dan (where did he go??)

Dan did some great bits - with some very hard subject areas that he approached with tact, sense and not a hint of giggle. They made very good listening and had me fixed to the radio.

There are spots on the radio for local stuff, so .. Stu, take the show to a wider group and run it like a magazine show, a bit of this, that and the other.

Keep it on topic where its needed, dont just stick to driving and cars (ala moaning line when it was on regular)

and whatever you do - include stuff relevant to the whole world, to wind up 'mr moaning twonk who always rings up and complains that its nothing to do with the isle of man, so why are you broadcasting it?'

The world and its issues are far greater than the Isle of Man, lets hear about some of 'em via our national radio station.

Its a great idea for a topic area in a radio plan, lets not let it go to waste with old farts ringing up and reading from the weekly local newspaper, traffic, Tynwald etc etc.

Pensioners - number/costs

Pubs - prices/condition

Immigration Policy

Housing provision

Prison reform/Rehabil

Manx 'Independence' -pros and cons

The claims culture

How to get into first aid

Tourism

Formula 1 circuit

Yoof facilities

Energy - self sufficiency

Traffic volume - number of cars on island

Public transport - getting people on it

Douglas Promenade - what to do with it

Brken promises - election manifestos - before and after

Fishing on the island

Clubs and societies on the island

Charities on the island - do we need that many

Its a great idea for a topic area in a radio plan, lets not let it go to waste with old farts ringing up and reading from the weekly local newspaper, traffic, Tynwald etc etc.

Yep, far prefer having the presenter take the call and relay a summary of what's said than some old codger missing the entire point of the discussion and just going on air to winge about his pet hate.

Archived