[BBC News] Chief's reassurance on pensions

Newsbot

is'nt it great though the politicians want to change our pensions but they are not included in the changes!

To be fair everyone is paying for your pension so they should have a say. I understand that its funded out of tax as there is no money in the pot and many hundreds of millions in promises, so us currently worrying about being made redundant will still have to stump up for you for the next 40 years. The MHKs have dodged the bullet and its maybe something that other gov workers need to be aware of. You think your being treated unfairly, but its everyone else outside of government who is paying for it.

The BMJ are seeking legal advice on whether they can black box the island. If they go ahead with that then it's bad news for all of us.

Its an interesting situation. If I have read the news articles properly this is still only out for 'consultation' so it seems to me that most government workers know what most of us suspect in that 'consultation' actually means 'being told what has been decided get used to it'.

http://www.bma.org.uk/pressrel.nsf/wlu/STR...nt&vw=wfmms

The Isle of Man health service is threatened with a potentially disastrous staff exodus, the BMA warns today (Monday 15 September, 2008).

Hmmmm. Worrying development.

The BMJ are seeking legal advice on whether they can black box the island. If they go ahead with that then it's bad news for all of us.

Archived