[BBC News] Bad weather hits ferry sailings

Newsbot

The seats were FILTHY, the baby changing facilities FILTHIER STILL, and on a number of the seats the thing that holds the tray on the back of the seat in front was broken so it was staying down, all journey.

How the government allows them to get away with this is beyond me

I've written in twice, and got a reply once so not a bad return really.

Tugger try this - you MAY get some action reaction. And write to the CM.

Mailing to Mark Woodward

I assume from here on in the Viking will get less and less well cared for - problem is if you let this sort of thing happen it creates the ongoing 'culture' for when the (it will manage typhoon force seas) Incat starts sailing.

I go across once a month. Three times this year I have booked via Liverpool, and twice the ferry has been cancelled. On the latest occasion, they knew on Friday morning that there would be problems, but waited until 15.30 on Saturday to ring and tell me I was being bounced off the 19:00 sailing, and would have to take the 02:15 from Heysham. At that stage, I was on the motorway heading for Liverpool. Had I been told on Friday, I could have rearranged my plans, and travelled at a civilised hour on Sunday, having used Saturday usefully.

When you actually get on the boat, the staff are usually great, but this sort of nonsense makes me despair.

S

Sebrof, have you tried writing to Mak Woodward's blog on the IOMSPC site? If you did was there any reply explainig their policy? I have found that when I write to it drawing attention to a potential service improvement I get zero response.

Not this time. I have written before, and not even received an acknowledgement.

S

On Saturday 6th September my family were booked to return on the 15.00 hrs sailing to Liverpool.It was only due to the fact that we saw both fastcraft moored in the harbour that alerted us to a problem.My family were transfered to the evening sailing to Heysham. Something they and myself were not happy about.

They had enough petrol to get home from Liverpool, money for a bite to eat and the tunnel fare, they did not have enough to get from Heysham to home. Thankfully i was able to lend them money but i would agree with what my son said at the time. Why don't they get vessels that can operate in most weathers and not just on millponds. One year those craft will not run owing to the weather and that will happen in race week.

Archived