[BBC News] Banned pitbull seized on island

Newsbot

There is guy in ramsey in chapel lane who has a rotweiler production line going, the house stinks of dog shit asyou walk past it, i hear his parents are mhks. he brush's all te crap into the road.sells them at £500 a go

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is guy in ramsey in chapel lane who has a rotweiler production line going, the house stinks of dog shit asyou walk past it, i hear his parents are mhks. he brush's all te crap into the road.sells them at £500 a go

Out him, if he is creating a public hazard/nuisance, take some photos and kick up 'stink' about it.

Out him, if he is creating a public hazard/nuisance, take some photos and kick up 'stink' about it.

I used to work around the corner from this bloke - everyone knows about it, including the police. He tips the dogshit into a grid in a car park at the side of his house. When I say 'into' I mean 'within a few feet of'.

I used to work around the corner from this bloke - everyone knows about it, including the police. He tips the dogshit into a grid in a car park at the side of his house. When I say 'into' I mean 'within a few feet of'.

I may be wrong, but I didn't think rotweillers were a banned breed of dog in IoM (they probably should be, but I don't think they are - only the Pit Bull Terrier and Japanese Tosa). If they are not banned, and haven't actually attacked anyone, then there's probably nothing the police can do, and being the son of an MHK has nothing to do with them not taking action.

I may be wrong, but I didn't think rotweillers were a banned breed of dog in IoM (they probably should be, but I don't think they are - only the Pit Bull Terrier and Japanese Tosa). If they are not banned, and haven't actually attacked anyone, then there's probably nothing the police can do, and being the son of an MHK has nothing to do with them not taking action.

I was not talking about the breed, I was talking about the fact that he dumps dog waste onto public property, which is a health hazard.

Just a few points

It is not a pit bull or Japanese Tosa that is banned it is pit bull type or Tosa type. That means crosses and other breeds which look similar

All dogs are wolves at heart, that is their common anscestor. Whatever dog you have you are sharing your home with a wolf. Any dog can be unpredicatble and viscious, what ever their owners or pet psychologists say

Just becauise it is illegal (and it may not be illegal anyway, see below)does not mean it does not need dog licence. All dogs, legal or illegal, on IOM, need a dog licence. The post office is not there to police what breed, just to collect a tax on dogs, the simplest analogy is that prostitution is illegal, you still have to declare the income nad pay tax!

These cases are always sad, for the dog, not its fault. Its the unthinking, "clever" importers and owners who are the problem.

Whilst it may be illegal to import the dog and a dog being imported may be liable to sizure and destruction, once imported, or if born here, I am not sure the subordinate legislation allegedley being used or the 1990 Act allows seizure exclusion or death. If its been here for a few years there may be no legislation covering it, in fact.

Given that it's illegal to leave a nest of dog's eggs on the street in general, surely the large scale 'dump' of dump would be something they could get done for?

It's pretty revolting if that is what's happening.

I was not talking about the breed, I was talking about the fact that he dumps dog waste onto public property, which is a health hazard.

Sorry Silentbob - I didn't mean to suggest you were saying this, but I included your comment as this noted the police knew about these rotweillers and the dogshit dumping - and I thought worth clarifying there isn't really anything the police can do about this.

If the issue is about some oik dumping dogshit (whether from rotweillers or poodles), dogshit dumping isn't generally a police matter, but one for the local Council. Has a formal written complaint been made to them? My guess if there was, they'd take action.

I'm not saying it was intended by DRIVER or anyone else, but in the context of a thread about banned dangerous dogs, the story might give the impression that even though the police know about this, they weren't taking action over the dogs (or the dogshit), and this might have something to do with the guy being the son of an MHK.

Bear in mind that earlier in this thread Vix said : "If someone high up in the government ie. a MHK had this breed of dog I'm sure a less extreme measure would be put in place... " I'm not having a go at anyone, or suggesting anyone is unfairly having a go at the police, but I thought worth noting just in case this might have been seized on by 'friends of Champ' as further 'evidence' of the 'unfair' and 'apauling' [sic] treatment of their banned dangerous animal.

BTW, is there any good reason not to ban rotweiller types - am I wrong in thinking these are nearly as dangerous as pitbulls?

Archived