[BBC News] Banned pitbull seized on island

Newsbot

i couldnt give two sh1ts who owns the dog - im sticking up for the dog as there is no way its an american pitbull. if it was, then yeah, i would say yeah it shouldnt have been brought over here or bred here as its completely against the law and yes, i would be scared incase it case it got near my nieces & nephews or any other children. but again i will say Champ is not an APB.

and that picture of that little girl, thanks for making me feel terrible whoever posted that.

Chinahand - get a grip! before you start slating me i said i have known the dog since it was a puppy, and yes the Law is aware of who had the puppy. however, i didnt say i knew who brought it over or bred it, probably some knob head chav who wants to look hard! i am of the understanding the puppy was rescued from a terrible home, by the person who the law knows.

think i will stick to the music forums in future, you bunch of bigots.

bring back burning at the stake and hanging! you would all love that! and the birch! infact why dont they have a public dog hanging, then you can all go and watch!

Ignoring all the hysteria, what would your answer be to the many posters who suggested that a responsible and caring owner would have arranged to have he animal removed to a place of safety - such as Ireland - until its fate was decided?

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i couldnt give two sh1ts who owns the dog - im sticking up for the dog as there is no way its an american pitbull. if it was, then yeah, i would say yeah it shouldnt have been brought over here or bred here as its completely against the law and yes, i would be scared incase it case it got near my nieces & nephews or any other children. but again i will say Champ is not an APB.

and that picture of that little girl, thanks for making me feel terrible whoever posted that.

Chinahand - get a grip! before you start slating me i said i have known the dog since it was a puppy, and yes the Law is aware of who had the puppy. however, i didnt say i knew who brought it over or bred it, probably some knob head chav who wants to look hard! i am of the understanding the puppy was rescued from a terrible home, by the person who the law knows.

think i will stick to the music forums in future, you bunch of bigots.

bring back burning at the stake and hanging! you would all love that! and the birch! infact why dont they have a public dog hanging, then you can all go and watch!

Can you confirm that the dog is 100% not an american pitbull and would be prepared to argue that case in court with proof?

If so, then Sara needs to speak to you.

If it is just conjecture, then unfortunately they can't be considered as facts.

I noted that you called everyone bigots , I'm not a dogmatist as you claim and agree with you that it would probably be better if you stuck to the music forums instead of name calling everyone else

Thankfully the pondscum owner has promised to leave the island if the mutt is put down.

I've got two breeze blocks in my garden. They only have to ask me and I'll help poor little Champ along.

And you would love that wouldnt you. Dickhead.

Thankfully the pondscum owner has promised to leave the island if the mutt is put down.

I've got two breeze blocks in my garden. They only have to ask me and I'll help poor little Champ along.

Can't wait for this reply........................

1, according to sarah it was licenced as an APB

2, according to sarah 'dean' rang the government and asked about the legallity of APB's

3, according to sarah it was also registered at the vets as an APB

4, the video on youtube refers to an APB in the title

5, it was adverstised on manxnet as an APB

so 5 recorded claims BY THE OWNER ( at the time ) of it being an APB, but now it isn't?? wakey wakey..

Using breeze blocks to put the aggressive mutt down could be extremely painful. Be sure to keep your fingers clear of the blocks and it should be fine.

Can't wait for this reply........................

Probably making their way to Sulby reservoir via B&Q for a carton of packing tape as we speak

1, according to sarah it was licenced as an APB

2, according to sarah 'dean' rang the government and asked about the legallity of APB's

3, according to sarah it was also registered at the vets as an APB

4, the video on youtube refers to an APB in the title

5, it was adverstised on manxnet as an APB

so 5 recorded claims BY THE OWNER ( at the time ) of it being an APB, but now it isn't?? wakey wakey..

It does look pretty damning WTF and can only presume that sheswiththeband doesn't know this.

I would therefore assume that giving the evidence above from a person who should really know what type of animal it is, then sheswiththeband might apologize to us all. I somehow feel that I might be waiting a while...... :pinch:

Can you confirm that the dog is 100% not an american pitbull and would be prepared to argue that case in court with proof?

If so, then Sara needs to speak to you.

It was suggested to Sara originally by myself that she get this dog breed ID'd either by Dr Roger Nugford or by Sarah from EGAR in Ireland as NOT an APBT. She turned this down as she said he WAS an APBT. I see she is now changing her mind?? She told me she didn't want my high flying suggestions!!! If she'd done this when suggested it would have been sorted ny now. Talk about banging your head against a brick wall.

It's about time she brought the whole story into the open now and stopped changing things - she is only digging a deeper hole for herself.

OK there is a simple solution to this.

Get a Manx Forum reader who lives in a coutry where APB's are not banned to make an offer to home the dog. Accept the dog and then whip down to the local vet and have it put down. Quick whip round forum contributors to may for the Vet costs

Alternatively could do it on the quiet so everybody things the dog is running around happily somewhere when instead it has gone to meet its maker. Everybody happy

Reprieve for American Pit Bull

The owner of an American pit bull terrier will be relieved this morning (Tuesday) after it was confirmed the animal won't be put down, at least for the time being.

The Department of Agriculture has confirmed a Petition of Doleance has been lodged at the High Court in relation to the animal.

The department, which would have been responsible for disposing of 'Champ', said it couldn't say any more at this time and the legal process would now take its course

You're all rotters and I hate you! [sLAM!!]

Only some of the posters here seem to want the dog to die. The rest (and DAFF too) simply want the owners to pull their heads out of the sand and find a home for him elsewhere.

As mentioned earlier..................

Whether you're for or against the dog, the basic fact is that the unfortunate dog (albeit no fault of its own) belongs to a person who resides on the island, who is breaking the law in doing so by keeping it here.

If it is a pitbull, then the Government has offered an opportunity for it's life to be spared, by giving the owner time to send it somewhere else and although many people disagree with that particular law of killing 'Champ', it is still one of the laws of the island.

Personally, if I was to consider the animal as one of the family (as seems the case here), I would be doing my very best to find a safe haven for it and then argue the point later.

And Lost Login makes a valid point also 'Get a Manx Forum reader who lives in a coutry where APB's are not banned to make an offer to home the dog'

The solutions have been brought up many times now and I still say that if Sara loves the dog as claimed, then save it first, find a home somewhere in Ireland and then argue her predicament and try to change the law through Parliament.

By taking no action other than raising it through the media, then it looks like Champ will follow the legislation on the island and be put down due to the inactivity of finding a home for him elsewhere.

Sad really

Sheswiththeband, let me remind you of what YOU wrote, since you also seem to be suffering from calculated amnesia.

"if that dog is an American Pitbull, i swear i have got two heads. ive known that dog since it was born and i will swear its a mastiff crossed with a staffordshire terrier. APB's are a totally different shape to the dog in question. before the government put him down or whatever, they should trace his papers and his breeding history and find out.

my mates little Chihuahua is more vicious than Champ. "

Not "since it was a pup"

or "Since it was brought over"

but "since it was born"

You then posted later

"probably some knob head chav who wants to look hard! i am of the understanding the puppy was rescued from a terrible home, by the person who the law knows"

So by these statement, we can only assume that you knew these chav nobheads who wanted to look hard and had a terrible home. And you are 100% sure that the experience of being in a "terrible home" has not in any way imprinted something in the dog's psych that would not cause it to turn in the future?

Now, do these guys also own a Chihuahua ?

You are right on one fact, stick to music.

I don't particularly want the dog to die, I just don't want to logon one morning to see a thread entitled...

"Local Pit Bull 'Champ' rips child's face off"

Get him off our Island, and take Sara too.

Archived