[BBC News] Banned pitbull seized on island

Newsbot

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read every page of this thread, but since 99% of it is utter bollox from the save champ brigade, and their stories change on every page, I am lost. Can anyone post a summary of the past 25 pages?

See my post above!

Champ is illegal, story varies as to how he was acquired and when. DAFF have custody and will put the dog down if it is not re-homed. Ireland seems the most likely candidate. Petition of Doleance now filed so Champ has a reprieve.

Pit bulls are not breed, and even if they were they are really nice, friendly dogs.

Those who accept the law have been branded racist to dogs (?!), bigots and some other nasty names by 'Sheswiththeband', who has now flounced off to consider whether she has known this dog from birth, from when it first moved on to the island or from when it became a pit bull.

Nobody has explained who Dean is and what his role has been.

See my post above!

Champ is illegal, story varies as to how he was acquired and when. DAFF have custody and will put the dog down if it is not re-homed. Ireland seems the most likely candidate. Petition of Doleance now filed so Champ has a reprieve.

Pit bulls are not breed, and even if they were they are really nice, friendly dogs.

Those who accept the law have been branded racist to dogs (?!), bigots and some other nasty names by 'Sheswiththeband', who has now flounced off to consider whether she has known this dog from birth, from when it first moved on to the island or from when it became a pit bull.

Nobody has explained who Dean is and what his role has been.

i would guess that Dean was/is the real owner of the dog who had it from a 3 month old pup ( according to sarah, so who knows really?? ) and advertised it on the net for rehoming. possibly something to do with it getting here in the firstplace too??. funny how dean and family have had nothing to say on the matter and have left it up to the 'owner' of the minute. i suppose if you decided you don't want the dog anymore and advertise it you probably aren't bothered too much about it anyway.

It all smacks a bit of celeb-culture publicity and self-promotion - make Champ a local celebrity - he is already as popular as King David. Perhaps a reality TV show, the authorised biography, t-shirts, mugs, balloons, merchandising royalties, etc.

If Champ is put down maybe they should stuff him and put him in the Manx museum. There could be a Champ memorial day for people to come from afar to lay wreaths and make tearful speeches about his being a Manx hero and martyr.

This woman who currently "owns" Champ is full of s**t. She has owned him for a few months, that is all. The previous owner had to get rid of him because, surprise surprise, he was being aggressive and violent towards his other dog (I know this for a FACT)! I saw this dog stalking around off the lead in Maughold with his previous owner and i was afraid to get out of my car with my nine year old son. Should people have to be afraid? No they bloody shouldn't. Moving him to Ireland is simply moving the problem onto someone else. How would all these self rightcheous Champ supporters feel if he attacked a child? He should be put down immediately, laws are there for a reason and one woman who's had a dog all of five minutes and therefore knows bug*er all about it's nature really should not be able to sway those who know better.

This woman who currently "owns" Champ is full of s**t. She has owned him for a few months, that is all. The previous owner had to get rid of him because, surprise surprise, he was being aggressive and violent towards his other dog (I know this for a FACT)!

Hmmm - I thought the previous owner put him up for re-homing cos he had to leave the island "in a bit of a hurry".

Something else I feel I should add also. The chap who owned this dog previously had (i'm fairly certain) not long purchased him and brought him over from Ireland (at least that was what he told the person who told me). So the story that he's been registered here for 5 years smacks of total rubbish. I'm guessing perhaps it was another dog that has been registered here who's identity Champ has taken on for the prupose of the "save Champ campaign", I mean he's not even 5 years old himself yet is he????

Archived