[BBC News] Banned pitbull seized on island

Newsbot

Whilst we are on the subject of dog shit, I was in Ramsey today.

A woman let her big cross lab-alsation do the biggest steamer ever, and then she looked at me as if to say "what you gonna do about it". There were a few dog-shitters about and I was well out-numbered so I just tried to ignore it.

Isn't Ramsey the only place ever to have done someone for letting their dog shit, on the beach?

Looks like that example didn't go very far.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A woman let her big cross lab-alsation do the biggest steamer ever, and then she looked at me as if to say "what you gonna do about it". There were a few dog-shitters about and I was well out-numbered so I just tried to ignore it.

Isn't Ramsey the only place ever to have done someone for letting their dog shit, on the beach?

grass em up to the commissioners.

She was a firmidable looking woman. Big. Long dark hair. Big dog. Big steaming turd too.

I can read looks on people's faces. This one said. "You, ya little bastrd. If you grass me up to the Commissioners I will put your fucken windows through"

Sometimes in life it is best to turn the other cheek and be a coward. I admire the likes of Knoxville :

I did agree with you at first, but my nice walk on the prom on Friday.........lets just say I'm pretty much fucked off!!!!!

1) I had to try and find my way past people, well I say people, kids walking staffies, barking at my dog and did one person move or even attempt to try and control the dogs.........nope!!!!

2) One dog took a massive shit right in front of me, when I asked the owner " are you picking that up I got a very polite " fuck off " and also from the Irish gentlemen in the green t-shirt.

Was it even picked up.......NOPE!!!!!!!!

You filled every stereo type when that dog walk happened, CHAV CENTRAL!!!

By that dog taking a shit and the silly girl with the bucket not picking it up, I couldnt help but make a call to the council and it wasnt just me that saw it, a nice gentlemen was there also watching who said he was doing the same.

It wouldnt surprise now, because of you they ban people walking there dogs on the prom!!!!

I think you should be made to eat the dog shit!

Piss up and brewery spring to my mind.

I may give the Commissioners a phone though. They have a decent enough by-laws bloke up there too.

Yesterday in Ramsey I had to wait in my car at the junction coming out of shoprite carpark while a man with his rottweiler let it shit in front of me then just walked off (oh and he headed towards the Lezayre Estate afterwards - not that I'm stereotyping at all :D ).

Yes there is a law of self defence. Justifiable self defence is only what is needed for self defence. Killing the dog shouldn't be the first thought.

But the point is that any self defence is last resort. The first thing going through your mind shouldn't be about 'taking on' any dog which you fear might pose a potential threat. People should be able to have confidence that dog owners are law abiding and have their dogs properly trained and under control. If not, what is the next stage? Training your dog to be a better fighting dog in case it should it come to it? Getting bigger and fiercer dogs? Having an American Pitbull Terrier?

The poodle owner in the recent attack has done everything by the book and where has it got them?

That sounds like how a vigilante might justify themselves.

Is there is a real problem with dog attacks? Is the issue that people are no longer safe because nothing is done about these?

in the middle of a heated dogfiight when there's blood and fur flying, the police aren't always there to help.

Are you not perhaps partly responsible yourself - by not taking action and making a complaint about these dangerous dogs that attacked yours? (I take it that it wasn't the other way round). Attacks with blood and fur flying sound serious - and should be reported - did the police do nothing about these?

Don't agree, defend yourself first and foremost.

This is why society is going down the pan, nobody will take action when they see some wrongdoing. Bring back the days when a policeman could give a kid a clip in the ear!

I did report the dog attack incident but when the stupid police set up the ID parade they put in 8 other pooches of the same breed! I had no chance of picking the assailant out of that so he walked free

I did report the dog attack incident but when the stupid police set up the ID parade they put in 8 other pooches of the same breed! I had no chance of picking the assailant out of that so he walked free

I'm surprised - first from what you said I'd have thought the other dog would have gone home dead, and if not, then with blood and fur flying it should have been easy to spot the dog with bite marks on it.

Did you not get to see the owner during or after the attack? Was the dog a stray?

If there is such a problem, wouldn't there be some better means of self defence which is legal? e.g. spraying the attacking dog with some nasty smelly aerosol deodorant? Right-guard?

It rather sounds from what Knoxville has said that this 'protest' march for champ was a perfect illustration of why certain people shouldn't be allowed to be in charge of animals at all, never mind ones like these.

You'd think under the circumstances of this whole circus they'd be making an effort to be seen as responsible, pleasant & sociable sorts in order to 'add to their defence', but it sounds like it was the complete opposite.

Well done.

I'm surprised - first from what you said I'd have thought the other dog would have gone home dead, and if not, then with blood and fur flying it should have been easy to spot the dog with bite marks on it.

Did you not get to see the owner during or after the attack? Was the dog a stray?

If there is such a problem, wouldn't there be some better means of self defence which is legal? e.g. spraying the attacking dog with some nasty smelly aerosol deodorant? Right-guard?

I do hope you're not being serious!

I do hope you're not being serious!

About bite marks, seeing the owner or self-defence?

BTW - using an aerosol won't work so well if the dog is wearing eye-gear like sunglasses, but you can still aim at the nose.

You could also go for something like this: Clicky

Perhaps other people have suggestions on how best to deal with a dog without resorting to lethal force?

Archived