[BBC News] Banned pitbull seized on island

Newsbot

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to get popular support on the basis of cute pictures of the dog wearing sunglasses is, in my view, nothing short of grotesque

Whoa!! Hang on there a minute mate. No-one mentioned a pic of the dog in sunglasses - that changes everything.

Where do I sign!

Did it have its head out of a moving car window too? :rolleyes:

http://www.bebo.com/SaraK678

A Pitbull and a daughter called Brooklyn - I'd like to say I don't believe in stereotypes, but wih pitbulls it's true they're savage dogs.

Why there is a petition is beyond me, the time spent setting that up she could have spent finding a new home for the dog - letting it live. To think she might let it be put down because she won't back down, contradicts all the love she has for Champ.

The owner of this dog is actually a girl I work with who has had the dog for over 5 years and it has been registered with the government since it was a puppy.

Over 5 years?

of the animal from october 2006 says "1 year old american pitbull in garden" which puts the dog's date of birth sometime in 2005. That makes it about 3 or 4 years old now.

More lies.

I'm not sure if this is pathetic or should I be getting angry at the flagrant law breaking?

What's most pathetic are the comments like "Let this loving dog live".

....its unfair and inhumane...

In the UK American Pit bulls are banned. There are banned on the Isle of Man.champ has been had a dog licence registered threw the Isle of Man government on the island for 5 years. He has also been registered threw the vets.. he's is micro chipped neutered and insured. In the UK if you are found with a Pit bull all they ask is again that they are micro chipped neutered and insured...he has been seen by a behaviourist at he said he is not dangerous....yet the Isle of Man government said the don't want him on the Island. So they gave me 2 weeks to find him a home in southern Ireland where Pit bulls are legal. If we did not meet this deadline they are going to destroy him.

I have now got an extra two weeks to the deadline and am now seeking legal advice. So now hopefully our dog wont have to die inhumanely...

Most of this is guff and distortion intended to make this 'beautiful and loving dog' seem the victim of the cruel and wicked IoM government intent on vindictively 'punishing' the animal. Wouldn't suprise me if they've contacted Amnesty International.

The only thing that does come out of it is that they gave 2 extra weeks, and rather than making use of this time to do anything for the sake of the 'loving dog' she is pursuing some futile petition.

Glad she is seeking legal advice - hopefully it will dispel any illusions she has about this.

If she gets her act together she and Champ might still make it across to Ireland before the time is up. Maybe the legal advice will be "there's a boat in the morning".

I've signed the petition......but only so i could write this:

"Your Dog would not have to die if you did the correct thing and re-homed it in Ireland, a task that you have had for two montsh but appear to have done nothing! Pit Bulls have been illegal in the Isle of Man since 1991. You say your dog has been registered on the island for 5 years. Why bring him here knowing they were banned?

What breed did you put on the dog licence application form?

How did you get insurance for a banned breed of dog?

Pit bulls aren't viscous - but they are VICIOUS! most of them are Mummy's boys until the day they snap and voilently hurt someone, normally a child."

There wasn't a way to object to it...unfortunately.

In Manx Law Human Rights Act 2001 Section 1(3) SCHEDULE 1 THE ARTICLES PART I THE CONVENTION it states that "Everyone's right to life shall be protected by law. No one shall be deprived of his life intentionally save in the execution of a sentence of a court following his conviction of a crime for which this penalty is provided by law." Champ may not be a Human, but....

What kind of petition is this? - to give an animal rights under the Human Rights Act 2001? What about cows, chickens and lobsters? (perhaps if there as some cute pictures with them wearing sunglasses?).

Trying to get popular support on the basis of cute pictures of the dog wearing sunglasses is, in my view, nothing short of grotesque

Whoa!! Hang on there a minute mate. No-one mentioned a pic of the dog in sunglasses - that changes everything.

Where do I sign!

Did it have its head out of a moving car window too? :rolleyes:

who doesnt love a dog in sunglasses?

post-12571-1221056459_thumb.jpg

What kind of petition is this? - to give an animal rights under the Human Rights Act 2001? What about cows, chickens and lobsters? (perhaps if there as some cute pictures with them wearing sunglasses?).

My veal steak is straight in the bin when I get home. Poor cow...

325672711_262a8ee723.jpg

HOW CUTE!

Archived